New 856 Purchase - Are Taurus Revolvers Now Shipping Without Intenral Locks?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New 856 Purchase - Are Taurus Revolvers Now Shipping Without Intenral Locks?

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

New 856 Purchase - Are Taurus Revolvers Now Shipping Without Intenral Locks?

I just purchased a new 856 revolver in SS today and saw that it doesn't appear to have an internal lock anywhere. The gun shop also had two 856CH models with the bobbed hammer, one SS and one black and neither of those had the internal lock on them either. However, the one 605 they had did have the ubiquitous lock on the lower hammer like usual. I also saw Tracker 992 at another gun shop that didn't appear to have any IL on it either.

My question is to all the knowledgeable Taurusites here is are they now shipping new production revolvers without IL's in general or is it only on certain model like S&W is doing?
    Last edited by CFA; 07-08-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    MOONDAWG likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    241 times
    Yeah, some of their revolvers don't have the internal lock. It's not like S&W where you can get a 442 with or without a lock. Taurus just doesn't put it on all of their revolvers, but I'm not sure what does or doesn't have one.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    The Tracker 992 has the lock on the back of the hammer, unless something has recently changed.
    Last edited by G Love; 07-09-2020 at 02:10 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    12480 times
    My 856 doesn't have the lawyer lock either. I believe taurus dropped that safety with the 856 line and and the G2c. I believe the new G3C doesn't have it either, or the G3.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G Love View Post
    The Tracker 992 has the lock on the back of the hammer, unless something has recently changed.
    Whatever Taurus I was looking at was black, had a 3" or 4" barrel, a non-fluted cylinder and was chambered in 9mm (it wasn't a 905). It did not have any lock on the hammer or anywhere else that I could see. If it wasn't a Tracker then I don't know what else it could be.
    Last edited by CFA; 07-09-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    My 856 doesn't have the lawyer lock either. I believe taurus dropped that safety with the 856 line and and the G2c. I believe the new G3C doesn't have it either, or the G3.
    This can only be counted as good news. Hopefully they will drop the lock altogether on any new model revolvers that come out and phase them out on the old ones. It would certainly improve their sales.

Member #
    Liked
    30276 times
    One more reason to buy a M-856!
    CFA likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CFA View Post
    I just purchased a new 856 revolver in SS today and saw that it doesn't appear to have an internal lock anywhere. The gun shop also had two 856CH models with the bobbed hammer, one SS and one black and neither of those had the internal lock on them either. However, the one 605 they had did have the ubiquitous lock on the lower hammer like usual. I also saw Tracker 992 at another gun shop that didn't appear to have any IL on it either.

My question is to all the knowledgeable Taurusites here is are they now shipping new production revolvers without IL's in general or is it only on certain model like S&W is doing?
    My most recent, is a Model 66 manufactured late April of this year and my first to be marked Bainbridge, GA. Still has the lock on the hammer.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad1911 View Post
    My most recent, is a Model 66 manufactured late April of this year and my first to be marked Bainbridge, GA. Still has the lock on the hammer.
    Are these actually being made at the GA plant now or just imported there?

Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CFA View Post
    Are these actually being made at the GA plant now or just imported there?
    Just imported. Bainbridge, Ga on one side and Made in Brazil on the other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links