Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Rossi replacement Taurus Mdl. 65

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  se3388 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got my replacement firearm for a 3 inch Rossi that was covered under the recent recall, took almost a year (10 months) start to finish to receive it. It's a 4 inch Taurus Mdl. 65 with the matte finish and is a world above the Rossi in a fit and finish and especially accuracy and it doesn't spit lead and particles out the side. I had no trouble hitting a smallish size stump @81 yds. off my back porch with it, can't wait to put it on paper at 25 yds or so.

Steve............

#4 ·
Picked up a 65 about 3-4 years ago from one of those KY Gun Co. blemish sales. $320 new. Outstanding blued finish. Picked up a nice pair of wood grips from the guy in Thailand. I bought $1.50 bottle of neon green paint and carefully painted the ramp on the front blade sight. Slightly smaller frame than my pre lock 686.... shoots just as well.

#8 ·
I'll try to get some pic's of it. The good thing about it (besides getting a better revolver), I bought the Rossi new at Academy on sale for $172.99 and they sent a prepaid shipping label so I wasn't out any more money and my FFL said she wouldn't charge me anything as I had waited long enough.

Steve..........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.