Ultrarare taurus 856 2+1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ultrarare taurus 856 2+1

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Ultrarare taurus 856 2+1

Anybody know why my 856 is so long? The barrel is crowned and finished as if it wasn't ever intended to be cut down for Saturday night special import laws. Gotta be a gun that was intended for a country with snubbies completely banned I just have no idea where. Definitly not supposed to have ended up for sale in US market. Serial number lookup on Taurus website says the gun doesn't exist. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear em.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    darbo and 777Driver like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20037 times
    Looks like you may have come across a Unicorn of a Taurus. Only where the Unicorn is a mythical beast, you actually have the Taurus in hand. Has a car wreck look to it, not real beautiful, but you can't stop looking at it. Oh, what the heck, I like it...even though Taurus says it doesn't exist.

For some reason, I do feel like I may have seen a photo of this model at some point recently.

Nice find!!!

Member #
    Liked
    23339 times
    Taurus imports all their 2" guns with longer barrels and cuts them off once they are in the States. The GCA of 1968 prohibits importation of the short barreled guns. In short the Act has a point system to determine import eligibility and they add the barrel length to boost the points.

I've seen several 85's like this (but not an 856). There's probably more like yours as they tend to get confused in batches..."Oh, I thought that stack was trimmed...". They get through. They are rare. But rare does not mean valuable.
    Bruntson and MOONDAWG like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5117 times
    You could thread that extra 1" and really confuse people when you tell them it's for a suppressor. I'm sure the Hollywood movie people would buy it. LOL
    glenwolde likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    23339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruntson View Post
    You could thread that extra 1" and really confuse people when you tell them it's for a suppressor. I'm sure the Hollywood movie people would buy it. LOL
    Kind of looks like some kind of "quick disconnect" as it is....
    MOONDAWG likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    34664 times
    glenwolde is right, both in his explanation of why they exist, and the fact that they are rare but not really valuable.

I will say this, if I ever see one I'm gonna grab it.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    30195 times
    It may not be purdy, but you should get 35-50 more FPS velocity with any load you try.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I would contact Taurus. If you actually want a 2" gun, they likely fix/replace it. I don't think it's really meant to be used in this configuration. And it's going to be awkward as a carry gun. They're selling a proper 3" version now. If that's what you want, I'd get that.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    Taurus imports all their 2" guns with longer barrels and cuts them off once they are in the States. The GCA of 1968 prohibits importation of the short barreled guns. In short the Act has a point system to determine import eligibility and they add the barrel length to boost the points.

I've seen several 85's like this (but not an 856). There's probably more like yours as they tend to get confused in batches..."Oh, I thought that stack was trimmed...". They get through. They are rare. But rare does not mean valuable.
    I've seen the earlier ones but they have cuts and toolmarks on the extra bit. I don't see why they would take the time to crown it if they are gonna cut it off anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruntson View Post
    I've been thinking really hard about that. The cylinder to forcing come tolerances are much less than a rolling paper. Suuuper tight. Should get real quiet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links