From 856 to Model 66
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: From 856 to Model 66

Member #
    Liked
    22 times

From 856 to Model 66

Well, I joined this forum excited to get the new 856 defender 3 “ that I’ve had a deposit on ever since it’s debut at shot show 2020. But with this dang virus still going strong I was concerned as to when it would actually be released. So I opted to change up and bought this model 66 the other day.

Im actually glad it worked out the way it did. Obviously this is 357 and I can shoot my 38’s with mild to almost no recoil. Took one box to dial the sights in for me. Couldn’t be happier. This target was at about 30 feet and single action. Love my semiautomatics but this was the first time I’d shot a revolver.

Name:  CE3BED63-95DC-4D84-A84D-F7F47DC07175.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  493.0 KB

Member #
    Liked
    34034 times
    I was a semiauto only guy for ages. Then I got an itch for a Detective Special. Now I seem to buy more wheelguns than semis! You've got a heck of a great example there; congratulations!

BTW, for zombies, shift your aim upward about 6".
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    12109 times
    Very nice wheel gun and shooting. Love the 66's
    Bmays, texastaurusguy and Sekol like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    I was a semiauto only guy for ages. Then I got an itch for a Detective Special. Now I seem to buy more wheelguns than semis! You've got a heck of a great example there; congratulations!

BTW, for zombies, shift your aim upward about 6".

I think I was aming up lol. Still getting it dialed in perfect but I’ll admit, I’m completely sold. This ones a keeper.
    texastaurusguy likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47492 times
    Many years ago I picked up a used Stainless Model 66 with a 4" barrel for $250.00 I was hesitant because I though the price was pretty low. Glad I bought it. Great gun, always gets a heavy work out at the range.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21375 times
    I was reminded, in another thread dealing with One Handgun To Rule Them All, that I want/need to get a revolver in .357. I also remember that I am more accurate with a revolver than I am a semi automatic. Your target hits indicate that the same might be said about you, especially if that was your first time shooting one. There are those of us shooters who, for one reason or another, are inherently more accurate with one than the other.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32397 times
    In my experience, revolver are more accurate than semi-autos generally. For self defense, though, the difference isn't that much and it varies by the gun. Nice shootin'.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    2418 times
    Definitely a keeper, congrats!
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33041 times
    Yessir, thats a great shooter you have there. A few years ago, I realized I had a gaping hole in my lineup, I didn't own a 357 magnum at all. I plugged that hole with the model 66, and a couple of years ago, supplemented it with another 7 shot 357 magnum, the model 617. Everybody needs a good 357 magnum revolver !
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    22935 times
    Congratulations! The Taurus M66 is a classic! This is a great way to start out your love affair with revolvers!
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links