Taurus 856ul 3”?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Taurus 856ul 3”?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Taurus 856ul 3”?

Wife ordered a 856ul from the gun shop and came home with this. She said she didn’t notice the longer barrel. Lol. I’ve been searching and can’t even find a picture of one like it anywhere online. Guess I’ll keep it bc it was a sale they were doing and it was only $209.99. Anybody have one of these or have seen one?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Something dont look right with that.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Yeah, I wouldn't fire that...
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I shot it in my yard a little while ago. Shot really well actually. I’m sure they test these before they send them out. The extra inch on the barrel looks the same inside as the rest of the barrel. Strange

Member #
    Liked
    32971 times
    I've read about revolvers being imported and then cut down, I believe to make it easier to comply with the Gun Control Act of '68. I wonder if it's one that just didn't get cut down. I think I'd have slugged the barrel before shooting it, but if it shoots well, then great!

...you know, a good smith could make that into a really nice ported pistol.
    william and MOONDAWG like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Quality control must have been off work the day that came down the line. I cannot understand how it could have made it to a buyer like that. The dealer should have said What the heck even.
    Last edited by Smokewagon; Yesterday at 08:28 AM. Reason: Language. See guideline #2 Of site’s guidelines and rules.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4953 times
    I'd have a chat with Taurus Customer Service and see what they have to say about this revolver.

Member #
    Liked
    11600 times
    Now that is plain weird. The shroud looks correct for a 2" barrel, and overall looks like a factory pistol. The front sight is incorrect for a defender model. I am not sure the barrel profile is correct for either an 856 or 856 defender. I ran the serial, result below. Now that doesn't always mean anything, as I have had other new handguns come up with a not found. But all together it is quite a mystery. You have 3 options.
    Return to Dealer and request a correct 856 (maybe ask him if this is a one off distributor special - who knows).
    Contact Taurus CS and send them a pic, for an official answer
    Keep it, it may end up being collectable as a one off mistake..May take 20-30 years but may have some value from that perspective.
    Personally I would not keep it, unless there was a darn good explanation from the dealer or Taurus.

Serial No. ABA198786
    Model Error
    Description Please make sure you entered the correct Serial Number
    jlhog and 777Driver like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17281 times
    GH is right. They can't import a two inch barreled revolver, so they import them like that and cut them down. QC was definitely out to lunch on that one. Unless the dealer opens every box when they come in, he wouldn't have known about it until he sold it and the customer inspected it. As it is I would keep it as a novelty item.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I emailed Taurus and sent a pic to them. Seeing if I could get a rebate or something if I didn’t want to go through the trouble of sending it back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links