Just got a new 692 6.5 inch - perfect
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Just got a new 692 6.5 inch - perfect

Member #
    Liked
    25 times

Just got a new 692 6.5 inch - perfect

Let me say the price for this firearm is incredible. I was expecting some poor quality piece but it is perfect.
    Cylinders match up exactly.
    Cylinder to barrel gap is around 0.00375
    [Edit]
    0.003 Feeler gauge goes through easy.
    0.004 Feeler gauge barely goes through the outer edge of the barrel.
    So my guess now is that the gap is around 0.00375
    [Edit]
    Trigger is heavy but crisp. It has smoothed out totally after ~100 dry fires with Tipton 9mm.
    9mm cylinder is tapered, the rounds stay in fine and fall out fine. No real need for moon clips.
    The stock moonclips are fine even though a lot of people were berating them. Not hard to use at all.

If I could knock something it's that the 9mm cylinder has some discoloration on 2 chamber exits as if it has been fired.
    Taking it to the range next weekend for some accuracy testing.

Thx
    Last edited by undecided; 02-08-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    33547 times
    Ummmmm, PICTURES!?
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    3702 times
    Undecided...we do like pictures.
    bobbojama likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    463 times
    See that wasn't very hard to make the decision to purchase the 692, it's a fine versatile handgun, your gong to enjoy shooting it and all the accessories you can acquire for it .... Again congrats and keep us posted on its performance ...
    bobbojama likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2964 times
    Congrats on your new wheel gun but you know the rules. No pics, didn't happen. All smoke and mirrors and no substance. I'm just sayin.
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    undecided, I bought a 6.5" 692 a month or so ago, I don't have pictures either , and mine shoots 357's very good and 9's were not impressive . However I have not shot the gun off a rest to truly find out how it will group 9's . My DA trigger is better than my SA trigger and it will get some polishing and a spring set before it goes to range again. I am with you on the 692 being a well made attractive gun . I put Hogue finger groove grips on mine and feel it was an improvement over the "ribbers" . Some people have put optics on their 692 but have not published their 25 yard groups with the 9MM cylinder. When weather and health cooperate better I will do a range session with factory and hand loads . Current weather and bad shoulder has kept me at the house most of the time.
    If you do 9MM accuracy please post brands, bullet weights and such for your 9MM.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JStacy View Post
    undecided, I bought a 6.5" 692 a month or so ago, I don't have pictures either , and mine shoots 357's very good and 9's were not impressive . However I have not shot the gun off a rest to truly find out how it will group 9's . My DA trigger is better than my SA trigger and it will get some polishing and a spring set before it goes to range again. I am with you on the 692 being a well made attractive gun . I put Hogue finger groove grips on mine and feel it was an improvement over the "ribbers" . Some people have put optics on their 692 but have not published their 25 yard groups with the 9MM cylinder. When weather and health cooperate better I will do a range session with factory and hand loads . Current weather and bad shoulder has kept me at the house most of the time.
    If you do 9MM accuracy please post brands, bullet weights and such for your 9MM.
    Range trip for it is next weekend. I will have all of the above. I will also shoot some .357 for sh1ts and g1ggles but I mainly care about the 9mm. I thought I'd hate the grip, yeah the look is not appealing but it feels very comfortable in my hand.
    JStacy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trouter2 View Post
    See that wasn't very hard to make the decision to purchase the 692, it's a fine versatile handgun, your gong to enjoy shooting it and all the accessories you can acquire for it .... Again congrats and keep us posted on its performance ...
    You know I am plagiarizing from your post. Already ordered that mount and a reflex sight but the mount is on backorder.

Member #
    Liked
    463 times
    I hate that factory grip, feels like I'm holding on to you know what you need to take the next step and go wood, the fella in Thailand Jaruwon P has very grip you could ever want ....plagiarize away !! Any questions just ask .... btw I know the mount is back ordered I ordered another one also, recently got a 2-7x32 long eye relief pistol scope ....

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Name:  SAM_0870.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  3.43 MB
    slong115, darbo and switchbow like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links