So Far So Good on 605 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: So Far So Good on 605

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Member #
    13215
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    298
    Liked
    287 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvrevos View Post
    Pictures of all of 'em, please. Eye candy is a must.


    My Taurus 992 Tracker 22 WMR/Magnum,22 LR is ugly because I dremel polished it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Muzzleblast_MD (Instagram)
    Made for the very serious business of self-preservation - the 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard - in design, fabrication, fit and performance.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Member #
    75143
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    151
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post


    My Taurus 992 Tracker 22 WMR/Magnum,22 LR is ugly because I dremel polished it.



    Sweet collection you have there! In the next to the last picture from the bottom you have 3 revolvers. Is the one on the left a S&W 627 8 round .357? If so, I've thought about adding it to my stash of revolvers. With that ultra short barrel, how does the hand hold up before crying "Uncle" with full load .357's?
    CDR_Glock likes this.

  3. #13
    Member
    Member #
    54441
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    16 times
    Love my 605.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Member #
    13215
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    298
    Liked
    287 times

    So Far So Good on 605

    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvrevos View Post
    Sweet collection you have there! In the next to the last picture from the bottom you have 3 revolvers. Is the one on the left a S&W 627 8 round .357? If so, I've thought about adding it to my stash of revolvers. With that ultra short barrel, how does the hand hold up before crying "Uncle" with full load .357's?
    You are correct. It is a S&W Performance Center 627 2.5” 8 Shot 357 Magnum.

    I’m not recoil sensitive since I also carry a S&W 640 357 Magnum 5 Shot. I can shoot 250 rounds of 125 gr 357 Magnum or even 158 gr of 357 Magnum out of it.

    The S&W Performance Center 627 2.5” 8 Shot 357 Magnum is a pussycat. It has a smooth trigger and the weight makes it even more enjoyable to shoot. My friend says his hand was hurting but I think it’s all in how to grip a revolver.

    But bear in mind to whom you’re speaking. I enjoy this one, too, and I don’t mind the recoil on it, either. the 500 S&W. I have started using wraps which make the grip bigger, help with recoil and reduce slipping with sweaty hands.

    I have acquired 4 Taurus, 2 S&W since this group pic:



    But to get back to Taurus, I just acquired a Taurus 905 5 round 9 mm and I just love it. The Moonclips are easier to load by hand, and they’re easier to remove. But I also own a couple of moonclip tools which help when it’s really cold outside. It keeps the user from bending the clips.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Muzzleblast_MD (Instagram)
    Last edited by CDR_Glock; 12-05-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    Made for the very serious business of self-preservation - the 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard - in design, fabrication, fit and performance.

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Member #
    56609
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,891
    Liked
    2394 times
    Congratulations on your new 605.

    I got my mother one for her birthday a couple years ago and it has been 100% reliable for her. I shot it once with full power 125gr .357 XTP loads and it definitely packs a serious punch.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Member #
    31260
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    219
    Liked
    126 times
    I've got an older 605, that has the beautiful deep blue.
    It has been one of my pocket carries since I got my license 10 years ago. I keep it loaded with full house Remington 125 grain JSP's.
    Even with the rubber grips they do sting the hand, but if I have to shoot someone I want everything I can get.

    One of my other pocket carries is a Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Special.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, AMVETS, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    Member #
    18377
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chicago Metro
    Posts
    791
    Liked
    491 times
    Congrats on the new matte 605. I'm really enjoying mine too - it was a Taurus replacement from the Rossi recall of the 461.
    Several firearms in 10 different calibers. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Member #
    75143
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    151
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    You are correct. It is a S&W Performance Center 627 2.5” 8 Shot 357 Magnum.

    I’m not recoil sensitive since I also carry a S&W 640 357 Magnum 5 Shot. I can shoot 250 rounds of 125 gr 357 Magnum or even 158 gr of 357 Magnum out of it.

    The S&W Performance Center 627 2.5” 8 Shot 357 Magnum is a pussycat. It has a smooth trigger and the weight makes it even more enjoyable to shoot. My friend says his hand was hurting but I think it’s all in how to grip a revolver.

    I don't know where my brain was when I asked you about the recoil on the 627 because it's close to the same weight and size as my S&W 686 Plus 7 shot...around 37-38 ounces and it's a pussycat to shoot with .357. Actually I do know where my brain was on a S&W that ended in '27. The model 327 .357 snubbie that weighs 22 oz. https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...ormance+center.
    Seeing one thing and thinking another.

    It weighs in at about the same amount as the Taurus 605 and I don't find it tough to shoot or very punishing like some others. But, the weight distribution and design of the 327 is different from the 605. I do find the 327 appealing in design also.


    But bear in mind to whom you’re speaking. I enjoy this one, too, and I don’t mind the recoil on it, either. the 500 S&W. I have started using wraps which make the grip bigger, help with recoil and reduce slipping with sweaty hands.

    Herein lies your secret to shooting .357 rounds as if they were .22lr. You are an ANIMAL! Damn, man!! I'm not in your league of being able to knock out 250 rounds of .357 in a session but I can handle a good bit more than most others who post in the forums. The one .357 revolver that beats me up in no time flat is my Ruger LCR .357. That sucker just flat out hurts my hand on the first shot and goes downhill real fast after that.

    I have acquired 4 Taurus, 2 S&W since this group pic:



    But to get back to Taurus, I just acquired a Taurus 905 5 round 9 mm and I just love it. The Moonclips are easier to load by hand, and they’re easier to remove. But I also own a couple of moonclip tools which help when it’s really cold outside. It keeps the user from bending the clips.
    You've given me motivation to pick up my pace in 2020 for more revolvers. That's a great collection you have. I'm about 9 behind and see some that would fit in nicely.
    CDR_Glock likes this.

  10. #19
    Junior Member
    Member #
    72911
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    28
    Liked
    23 times
    Do the new model 605 revolvers still have the Taurus security system locks on them (behind the hammer on the back strap)?

    I ask this because I know Taurus makes the new 856 revolvers without the locks. I called Taurus a few months back and the lady I spoke with in customer service told me that Taurus is going to remove the locks from their newer guns. I don't know if that means all newly produced revolvers, or just new model ones like the 856. Either way, I just would like to know if the new 605 revolvers still come with the lock system in them. Thanks for any info you can share.

  11. #20
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    5628
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,002
    Liked
    41008 times
    Quote Originally Posted by socrates007 View Post
    Do the new model 605 revolvers still have the Taurus security system locks on them (behind the hammer on the back strap)?

    I ask this because I know Taurus makes the new 856 revolvers without the locks. I called Taurus a few months back and the lady I spoke with in customer service told me that Taurus is going to remove the locks from their newer guns. I don't know if that means all newly produced revolvers, or just new model ones like the 856. Either way, I just would like to know if the new 605 revolvers still come with the lock system in them. Thanks for any info you can share.
    The one I received in exchange for my Rossi 462-2 recall a few months ago does have the TSS and it's on the rear of the hammer. I had to look to be sure because I've never used it. It doesn't bother me at all and I suppose one could remove it if motivated. Here's mine with the Thai wood stocks.

    Name:  605 Wood grips.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  3.67 MB
    “…democratic socialism, the great utopia of the last few generations, is not only unachievable but that to strive for it produces something utterly different – the very destruction of freedom itself. As has been aptly said: ‘What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.'” F.A. Hayek

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •