Why do people say Taurus revolvers suck? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Why do people say Taurus revolvers suck?

Member #
    Liked
    3443 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G Love View Post
    I have S&Ws and Ruger revolvers, and never considered a Taurus before, because what people on the online gun forums say.

I have a S&W model 66, and with the Taurus 65 and 66s being very similar to it, at least in appearance, out of curiosity I bought and just received yesterday a new Taurus model 65 -in black.
    After checking the timing, the barrel to chamber alignment, the barrel/cylinder gap, the end shake and everything else, this gun is absolutely perfect, and I almost always find some little thing wrong on new S&W and Ruger revolvers.
    I've had a new S&W with a crooked barrel, and a new Ruger that the chambers didn't align with the barrel, had a .010" cylinder gap, and had other problems with those two gun makers.

What are the problems I will have with my Taurus 65 that aren't likely on my S&Ws or Rugers? Do they wear out fast, or break prematurely or something?
    No, it's just that a lot of people suck.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by socrates007 View Post
    Actually, the rebate is going until November 30, 2019. You still have time to get in on it.

https://www.taurususa.com/856Rebate/
    My wife is going to not like you ...;-)
    socrates007 likes this.
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    G2
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Member #
    Liked
    22821 times
    Revolvers don't suck.
    Vacuum cleaners suck.
    Babies suck.
    Tornadoes suck.
    Straws let people suck although some people suck without them.
    Carburetors suck.
    Jeeeeez man.............terminology already..........
    Qwiks draw and socrates007 like this.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    I own revolvers made by Colt, S&W and Taurus.. 22,. 38 and. 357. I carried a S&W M66 for a living and a Colt Detectives Special as my off duty gun for years. I keep the Colt in my nightstand drawer and a Taurus M85 on my hip with 100% confidence.

Member #
    Liked
    285 times
    Iím not a gun snob. I have a lot of revolvers from Ruger, S&W and Taurus.

Taurus goes toe to toe with my others. The Taurus trigger is second only to S&W to me.

I just acquired a 605 357 Magnum and itís so comfortable to shoot. I outshoot my Kimber K6S. Thatís right, Kimber. Even though it has a lighter trigger, it pounds my thumb base. Iím trading the Kimber K6S for a S&W 640 and a Bond Arms 357 Magnum derringer tomorrow.

I also recently acquired a Taurus 44 Magnum Raging Hunter. Another amazing revolver. I was concerned it was going to pound my hand in. Itís so comfy it feels like a 38 special to me. I have the 6.5Ē version which is perfect for carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Muzzleblast_MD (Instagram)
    GhostHorse and Qwiks draw like this.
    Made for the very serious business of self-preservation - the 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard - in design, fabrication, fit and performance.

Member #
    Liked
    32229 times
    Wow, that picture really makes you realize how huge the Raging Hunter is. Good lord.

I was shooting this weekend with one of the most experienced gun guys I know. He shot my non-View with the custom grips, and my Model 66. He was very, very impressed with both. My Taurus revolvers will stand next to any other revolvers I've owned, and are better than the last DA Ruger revolver I bought.
    Qwiks draw and socrates007 like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    11152 times
    Quote Originally Posted by socrates007 View Post
    I also want to add that I had my local gunsmith do trigger jobs on my new 856 stainless and also on the 856 ultra-lite. Now this gunsmith was a heavily biased S&W fan for decades and used to advise people to never buy a Taurus revolver. After he did the trigger work on both 856 models, they are smoother and nicer than any S&W j-frame I have ever owned or shot.

I asked the gunsmith to truthfully tell me what he thought of the Taurus 856 revolvers now that he had the chance to completely disassembly them and see the parts up close. He told me in his honest opinion that they were comparable or even better than any new S&W snub-nose revolvers that he has seen in recent years. The fact that Taurus took off the safety/lock system on the 856 models also gave Taurus the edge in his opinion (mine also). The gunsmith had absolutely nothing bad to say about the two 856 revolvers he worked on. I tried to get him to say if any part inside them was inferior or subpar in some manner compared to modern S&W j-frames. He told me absolutely not! Now this is from a gunsmith that really knows his stuff; especially revolvers (as he is an old school gunsmith).
    When both S&W and Taurus belonged to the same corporate group, the Taurus revolvers were referred to as improved S&W designs.
    socrates007 likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    11152 times
    I have this pair of old steel Charter Arms Undercovers in .38SPL. They do not look as good as my polished blued Taurus M85, but they just shoot better, not more accurate but better ergonomics and they buck up less than the M85, even though to look at them you would not think it. They have less than a box of 20 shot between them, and I have a new pair of Altamont grips on the blued one now. They make me rethink Charter Arms as a viable defense revolver.

Name:  CA OffDuty1.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  97.0 KB

Just about every gun list for novices has the S&W shrouded DAO Centurion (I think that is the name) listed as a top defense pistol for novices, but IMO, they are the worst revolver to start off a novice. The DAO trigger pull is horrendous and you would be lucky to hit anything further than belly distance away. IMO both the Taurus M85 and the Charter Arms Undercover are much better guns for the novice.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye! View Post
    My wife is going to not like you ...;-)
    What can I say?

Member #
    Liked
    903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye! View Post
    I lean toward Charter revolvers ..nuthin agaist Taurus.. I just like the lightweight Charters .. But I have owned several Taurus revolvers over years .. All great .. I have read, heard and saw several other top brands of revolvers having serious, serious QC problems..
    Im looking into getting a M856 UL ... I missed the rebate ... But still a great deal ... anyway ...honestly Im more comfortable buying a Taurus revolver than any .
    I have one Charter Arms revolver and two Taurus. They are both among the most affordable revolvers you can buy and their quality is comparable. The Charter Arms is lighter and all of their products are matte stainless. The last revolver I bought was the Taurus 856 and it has no flaws and shoots very well. The one before was the Charter Arms in 22 LR because the Taurus I wanted was not available and was more expensive if I had found it. I am pleased with both.
    Taurus

TCP
    Spectrum
    PT111 G2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sponsored Links