Taffin says the .357 Magnum Raging Hunter sets the standard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Taffin says the .357 Magnum Raging Hunter sets the standard

Member #
    Liked
    119 times

Taffin says the .357 Magnum Raging Hunter sets the standard

In a recent review of the Taurus .357 Magnum Raging Hunter, John Taffin declares it the most accurate .357 Magnum he's ever shot....
    https://gunsmagazine.com/handguns/ta...raging-hunter/
    darbo, Yissnakk, MOONDAWG and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    29670 times
    Blessed by the Pope of Round Guns; quite an endorsement!
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19685 times
    Who am I to argue with a shooter and hunter willing to admit that he's got "tender hands?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31359 times
    One thing that won me over to Taurus wheel guns is unbelievable accuracy. Every one I own is amazing.

The .357 Magnum doesn't get its due, also, as a medium game cartridge. It is a powerful round in its heaviest loads and the guns tend to be lighter than .44s for this reason. I'm not sure I'd call a Raging Hunter "light" though.
    BigBlue, MoKen, AZM66 and 1 others like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31586 times
    I think when I'm 80, I might have tender hands too. Keep on shootin', Mr. Taffin !
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31359 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    I think when I'm 80, I might have tender hands too. Keep on shootin', Mr. Taffin !
    Well, I don't know about you, but I'm getting scary close.
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    4047 times
    I'd like to have one of them shootin' irons. They's purty but I got no dough

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31359 times
    My blackhawk will put 5 rounds into 4" with iron sights at 100 yards. I don't really think I need better.
    45 Forever and Lomax like this.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    22482 times
    I'm glad to read that. It's been one of my concerns about getting another Taurus revolver. The one I have isn't accurate. I am a bit hesitant to try another because of it. I read all the time here about how accurate they are, but the posts are not very specific about what that exactly means. I can't determine anything from the targets posted. But I can from that article.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31359 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    I'm glad to read that. It's been one of my concerns about getting another Taurus revolver. The one I have isn't accurate. I am a bit hesitant to try another because of it. I read all the time here about how accurate they are, but the posts are not very specific about what that exactly means. I can't determine anything from the targets posted. But I can from that article.
    I can tell you in my own case, my first Taurus revolver is a M85 .38 I bought in 1996 to carry concealed. It puts 5 shots into 3"at 25 yards which is decent and quite deadly. I've shot it so long, I have ultimate confidence in it. My second Taurus revolver was a used 4" nickel 66 in nearly as new condition, picked up at a gun show for 200 bucks. It puts 5 into a 25 yard target with 1" accuracy. THAT, my friends, is excellent with iron sights. That's as good as my 6.5" Blackhawk at that range, though the added sight radius of the Blackhawk makes it better at longer ranges. My third is a 3" 66 and it shoots 1.5" at 25 yards and I consider that fine accuracy for a self defense revolver. My 4th is a 605 poly which puts 5 shots into 3", similar to my 85, and was spot on out of the box. The only gripe I had with 'em was the 85 shot to the left out of the box. I eventually had a gunsmith dovetail a front sight into it which I can adjust windage and it's spot on, now, and the black sight is much easier to see in sunlight than the stainless one which is good.

So, these are the specifics on accuracy of Taurus revolvers in MY experience. They'll outshoot revolvers I've owned like a 4" M19 S&W, a 4" M10 S&W, and a Ruger Security Six. Heck, with .38s, my 2" Taurus guns outshoot that Security Six. It shot well with .357, but it was pathetic with .38s which is mostly what I shoot in my .357s for range work.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links