• 2 Post By nevadabob
  • 1 Post By NativeTexan
  • 1 Post By osbornk

Thread: My New To Me Taurus 605 Poly

Member #
    Liked
    789 times

My New To Me Taurus 605 Poly

Did a bit of horse trading at Cabela's yesterday. I spied a 605 Poly for $199.99 that was made in Dec 2015. Took it out to the range today and ran 85 trouble free rounds through it. In the pic there's some kind of light orb on the grip that makes it look dirty. She's a keeper!

Name:  IMG_3386R.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  323.3 KB
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. - C. Mallouhi (author)

Member #
    Liked
    11309 times
    They are great shooters. Enjoy.
    nevadabob likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    1220 times
    Very nice poly 605.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2220 times
    Nice horse trading, congrats.
    nevadabob likes this.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Member #
    Liked
    789 times
    As a side note, I'm kind of late to the 605 Poly party as these pistolas came out around 2011. And then there's the thought about buying a used gun. The nagging "Why did they trade it in?" question comes to mind. Cabela's has a 2 week bring-it-back warranty if there's any problems. So far so good!
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. - C. Mallouhi (author)

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Good buy! I too have one and .357's can be a handful, but the .38+P's are great. Enjoy your handgun.
    nevadabob likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    789 times
    Ralph...I can imagine those 357's pack quite a wallop thru the 2 inch barrel. I reload 38's and for the time being that's what I'll shoot. I think the person that traded it in actually bought it for his wife: "Here Honey, I bought you something..." And once out at the range she fired one shot, dropped it, and ran home scared! One reviewer said he found the sweet spot with 110 grain Winchester 357's. But I'd be concerned about "flash cutting" at the forward top strap with a bullet that light.
    NativeTexan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    789 times
    Was looking around for a holster for it but they seemed to be far and few between and out of my Social Security price range. I slapped a few pieces of 8 oz. leather together and made this utility holster.

Name:  IMG_3395R.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  209.3 KB
    badge851 and NativeTexan like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31355 times
    I've found my fave 140 JHP handloads, hot as heck, shoot best in my gun. They shoot 550 ft lbs out of my gun, plenty of punch, and aren't as harsh as 158 or my 165 grain SWCs which are harsh to put it politely. The 140 is my carry load. The heavier loads shoot WAY high, too. The 140s shoot to POA.

I shoot mostly .38 WCs for practice. I cast it. It's superb in the Poly and all my .38s and most of my .357s.
    nevadabob likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nevadabob View Post
    As a side note, I'm kind of late to the 605 Poly party as these pistolas came out around 2011. And then there's the thought about buying a used gun. The nagging "Why did they trade it in?" question comes to mind. Cabela's has a 2 week bring-it-back warranty if there's any problems. So far so good!
    The "Why did they trade it in?" question gets answered after you shoot several rounds through a 2" snubby with full power 357 magnums. My son-in-law shot my 605 once and didn't want to shoot it any more. I bought mine used and it had been used very little in the 17 years someone else owned it.
    nevadabob likes this.

Sponsored Links