• 1 Post By maloy

Thread: TK Custom 692 moon clips

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2829 times

TK Custom 692 moon clips

https://tkcustom.com/products/tx7x9mm

They are well made and hold 9mm rounds better. I did a pocket test with two Taurus clips and two TK custom. After a few hours riding in my pocket, both Taurus clips lost one round. These were the ones I considered having the most tension out of the 10 I have. The TK were picked at random out of the five I received. Neither lost a round and you really should have a tool to unload them. They are tougher to unload from the clip, than the Stellar Taurus clips.

At $8 a clip, they better work better, and they do work fine in the 692. If I had access to a laser, I've some flat spring stock that is .025" thick.

Tomorrow the Speed Beez should be here to test. The are meant for the 986 S&W and are .005" thicker. The cylinder on mine may have enough room for them to work. It will be close with Blazer brass. If they work, that's $3 a clip. If they don't work, I'll take a few thousandths of an inch off with a surface grinder using my small part block that is more magnetic than the machine table.

I'm still shaking my head at $8 a moon clip from TK. However, they may end up being where I get moon clips for my .357 627 project.

Maloy
    MR_22 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    987 times
    TK Custom moon clips cannot be beat! Yeah, they're expensive, but in this case, you certainly get what you pay for. I have several sets in various calibers for my Taurus revolvers. The Taurus moon clips stay in the boxes with the paperwork while the guns go to the range!

Member #
    Liked
    4173 times
    I have TK clips for 45acp Ruger Redhawk. I have had no issues.

Sponsored Links