692 trigger job and other stuff
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By LeoK

Thread: 692 trigger job and other stuff

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

692 trigger job and other stuff

Ok I finished the trigger job, did it in three stages, 1st factory springs work on DA only smooth it up 2hrs

2nd New springs ten pound VS 14# work on SA action was difficult as the jig had trouble with holding the trigger. First I shorten the hammer notch from .030 to 0.023, still got creep 2hrs

3rd decide to RECUT trigger sear angle increase it. set up jig to match current angle and raise jig two clicks, try it not enough, set it up again and 2 more clicks recut. This time pretty good. So that apart again and jig up and polish with ceramic stone 1000 grit, stones to mirror polish. Very happy with this MIM works like A2 tool steel. 3hrs

4th Thinking pull, finally test fire, really smacks the primers large deep indent. Then I go after first stage trigger spring cut two coils off ten pound spring. Test fire wonderful, right up there with my Randy Lee DA trigger, beautiful timing, as good as my long hand S&W. SA is great no creep 2/3 # range. Also smoothed the cylinder opening drag, the latch is right out of a 1911 mag release, polish latch and cit two coils off, now jumps right open and latches easily. Perfect for fast reloads.

Now I'll the buy red dot mount and some wood grips. It is only 7 shot but I like better than the S&W and about $400 cheaper.Plus I like steel.
    trouter2, kruizer and JStacy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Decide to go further on the springs and washers to center hammer and trigger to prevent frame rubbing. 713-050-001WB
    Model #1 Power Sideplate Shim
    Powers Custom, and the Wolff spring 969-171-900WB 669 Shooters Pak Mfr Part: 17190.
    Cut two turns off hammer 10# spring, and 3 turns off 10# trigger return spring, Incredible nice DA pull.

Sponsored Links