• 1 Post By Bobbr3
  • 1 Post By Bobbr3

Thread: Seeking Advice: Want To Buy Taurus 689

Member #
    Liked
    23 times

Seeking Advice: Want To Buy Taurus 689

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this forum. This is my first post. I suppose I should post my inquiry in the "classified" section, but when I try, the site indicates that I must have at least 25 posts before I can post anything in "classifieds!" So, I want to be part of the community of Taurus owners, but I can't yet submit a post that will help me find the Taurus revolver I want to buy so I can actually become a Taurus owner!

I have quite a few handguns, including a single-action .357 magnum revolver, but none of them are DA revolvers. I'd like to acquire a .357 DA revolver, and I am very much interested in finding a Taurus 689. I'd prefer a stainless steel model with a 4" barrel, but I'd consider just about any variation.

I'd like to post a "Want To Buy" in the classified section, but I'm not allowed! I can understand not yet being allowed to submit any "for sale" posts, but "want to buy?" What's up with that? Otherwise...happy to be here!

Any help out there?

THANKS for any assistance you can render.

Robert
    Coatesville, PA
    bobbojama likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16458 times
    You can post in the classifieds after 25 post, I do believe. Just get active for a couple of days and away you go. You could also check Guns America, Gun Broker, or any one of the other online gun sellers. And by the way, welcome to the best gun forum on the net.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30991 times
    You might find one locally, but I'd say the odds are against it. I don't see many 357 mag revolvers for sale locally at all unless they are brand new. As CJS said, Gunbroker or Kentucky Gn or some other online store might be your best bet. The 689 hasn't been made in probably close to 2 decades so you'll have to hope one comes up and that you're willing to pay the price.

Good luck !
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    You can post in the classifieds after 25 post, I do believe. Just get active for a couple of days and away you go. You could also check Guns America, Gun Broker, or any one of the other online gun sellers. And by the way, welcome to the best gun forum on the net.
    Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. I have a saved search on Gunbroker and other sites. I know that one has to have 25 posts before posting in classifieds, but I really don't want to post meaningless stuff just to get to 25! That said, I'll be active, for sure.
    Smokewagon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    You might find one locally, but I'd say the odds are against it. I don't see many 357 mag revolvers for sale locally at all unless they are brand new. As CJS said, Gunbroker or Kentucky Gn or some other online store might be your best bet. The 689 hasn't been made in probably close to 2 decades so you'll have to hope one comes up and that you're willing to pay the price.

Good luck !
    Thanks for the advice. I'm aware that the 689 hasn't been made since the late 1990s, but I have seen them come up for sale on the gun auction websites now and then. In fact, Gunbroker.com had three different 689s listed within the past two or three months. At the time they were available, I really wasn't looking for one, and now I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one of them. I'll just continue to keep on the lookout. I figured there would be no better place to search for one than an on-line forum dedicated to Taurus!

Sponsored Links