A Taurus 44 Special Would be nice to have
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: A Taurus 44 Special Would be nice to have

Member #
    Liked
    735 times

A Taurus 44 Special Would be nice to have

The 44 Special has a good following especially when a 44:Magnum is too much. One wonders if Taurus will make another run of these. S&W is out of the 44 Special business but shooters pay upwards of $1000 for Model 396 or Model 696 for used guns. Charter Arms sells one with some problems.

What about it Taurus in something like a S&W L-Frame.

Here a positive American Rifleman article.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-spl-revolver/

Last edited by Aggie; 07-20-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    10566 times
    I love my Taurus Model 445 snubby. Wish I had picked up the Model 455 when I had the chance.

Name:  Taurus M445.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  112.0 KB

I like my Ruger Bisley in .44 Special too.

Name:  RuberBisley44spl.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  106.3 KB
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30961 times
    I love the 44 special Taurus revolvers, and still want a 431 in 3 inch barrel. I'll have to settle for my Rossi 720 for now.

I bought some brand new 44 special brass and 2 boxes of XTP hollowpoint ammo, I'm ready to make a run of self defense ammo for the 720.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2841 times
    Love my Rossi 720!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    This is the land of opportunity not entitlement

Member #
    Liked
    8403 times
    Just for giggles www.gunbroker.com has 9 Taurus revolvers in various guises. There are Taurus 431s, Taurus 441s, and the snub revolver variant if anyone cares to take a gander at them.

There are also 4 Rossi 720s for sale there as well. Not affiliated with any of those guns being sold. I've got my 431s and 441s and not going to sell them.

Those are great revolvers.

Member #
    Liked
    8403 times
    I should have added a few things.

There are a lot of .44 Special fans out there. .44 Special revolver sales vary over time. Right now those sales are a bit low. The .44 Special fans will need to let Taurus know that there is a market for their revolvers in this caliber. A write in campaign to Taurus, Facebook messaging, and phoning them would get the message out. There are other means to do this. Such a campaign helped in part to get Henry Rifles to make .327 magnum rifles.

Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    The 44 Special has a good following especially when a 44:Magnum is too much. One wonders if Taurus will make another run of these. S&W is out of the 44 Special business but shooters pay upwards of $1000 for Model 396 or Model 696 for used guns. Charter Arms sells one with some problems.

I'm going to look online at some Charter Arms guns...what problems do their .44 Specials have?
    Last edited by Kevin Keith; 07-20-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    8403 times
    Charter Arms have fine revolvers. One does have to be careful not to use "heavy loads" in them. https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=271 We developed this bullet to be soft (6 BHN) enough to mushroom at impact speeds around 750 fps, yet we wanted it hard enough (pure lead is 4 BHN) that it would not lead a normal revolver barrel. This bullet accomplishes both requirements. Depending on impact velocities, expect about 18 inches of penetration in living mammalian tissues, which should give ample penetration at bad angles to disable even very large men.
    This bullet was also designed with a special crimp groove and the case mouth is heavily crimped and this bullet will NOT jump crimp in the lightweight alloy revolvers, provided you rotate the unfired rounds and thus do not expose unfired rounds to the recoil of more than about 10 firings.
    We are using a flash suppressed powder so you won't become blinded by your own gunfire in the likely event you drop the hammer in a low-light defensive situation.
    This ammunition is for use in ALL 44 SPL and 44 MAG. firearms except for the Charter Arms Bull Dog. No, this ammo won't blow up your Bull Dog, but if you shoot more than a few hundred rounds of this ammo in a Bull Dog, the gun will get looser than it already was, will go out of "time" and stop working.

Stephen Camp' take on the Taurus. https://pistolsmith.com/gun-tests/11...4-special.html https://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.co...5/stephen.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links