Model 455 45 acp
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Model 455 45 acp

Member #
    Liked
    46 times

Model 455 45 acp

Does anyone here have one of the Taurus 455 45 acp revolvers? Back when they came out I held one of the 6.5 inch barrelled versions and really liked it but at the time money and I weren't very well acquainted. I am starting to look for one again but the 6 inch ones are like the proverbial hens teeth.

Steve...……...
    Last edited by se3388; 08-05-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31458 times
    I just posted one for sale or for trade in the Firearms section but it's a snubby. Once you have 25 posts, you can see Firearms.

I'm sure somebody else has one, not sure about the 6 inch barrel but definitely the Tracker in 4 inch.
    se3388 likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Not sure why but those pistols have "done flung a cravin on me" as the little boy says. How well does the porting work on them though it's not like the 45 acp has that much recoil in a revolver. I have a Colt 1917 made in 1919 and the recoil isn't much at all in it.

Steve...…...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    605 times
    Quote Originally Posted by se3388 View Post
    Does anyone here have one of the Taurus 455 45 acp revolvers? Back when they came out I held one of the 6 inch barrelled versions and really liked it but at the time money and I weren't very well acquainted. I am starting to look for one again but the 6 inch ones are like the proverbial hens teeth.

Steve...……...
    Steve,
    There is a 4" ported barrel 455 on Gunbroker now.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/824241060
    Last edited by djh; 08-05-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31458 times
    You would be surprised how snappy the 45 acp is with a non-ported barrel. It's obviously not like a magnum, but it's substantial.
    se3388 likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    4343 times
    Owned several in longer barrel and 4". Still have one that started as 4" but cut to 3" to get rid of the ports. Love it without the ports. Accurate and dependable, hate a ported barrel should have been option that could be left off. A ported gun fired from waist will spray face with blast residue that normal exits muzzle.
    texastaurusguy and se3388 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    texastaurusguy
    It might surprise you how tame the 230 fmj ammo is in my 1917 Colt but it is a big double action pistol.

Steve............
    texastaurusguy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    509 times
    I am lucky enough to have one. Had the smith ream the chambers so it now takes both .45 acp and .45 Colt. Fabulous gun.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    se3388, kraynky and CJS3 like this.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Cool idea and some nice looking shootin' irons. I think I probably would find the proverbial Hen's tooth before a 6.5 inch in 45 acp. I don't know how many 6.5 inchers they made in the 455's short 45 acp run but I have seen several 4 inch guns but only 1 of the 6.5 inch versions but I may have led a sheltered, LOL.

Steve...........
    Last edited by se3388; 08-05-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    NRA Patron Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    USAF

Member #
    Liked
    3415 times
    Texastaurusguy .. I hate I missed out on that 455 ..
    I had one just like that , once upon a time ,,, ...
    I also had a 4 inch model ...Ever once in awhile a 6 inch barreled version comes avilable ..
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links