I need some advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I need some advice

Member #
    Liked
    7703 times
    Shoot a box or 2 of black powder loaded ammo through it and clean it with Moose Milk (a homemade BP cleaner made with equal parts Rubbing Alcohol, Murphy's Oil soap and hydrogen peroxide).

Not even cigarette smoke can survive that! And you get to run off the mosquitoes on the range, too.

Seriously, nothing on the gun is porous enough to hold an odor. Give it a good bath in your favorite gun oil (pull the grips and hit the grip frame as well) and that should take care of any residue.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Don35745 View Post
    So I had recently had my model 82 refinished at my local gunsmith. The gentleman did a great job with it. It couldn't have been done better. The only issue I had is when I picked it up and when I got home. The whole shop was filled with cigarette smoke. The case I brought it in had foam inserts that were completely destroyed. I believe the rest of the firearm smells like this too. What could I do to get rid of the smell? Can steel smell like cigarette smoke ?
    Grips might be a problem, esp. something fiberous like wood. A good deep cleaning on the rest of the gun should take care of the smell.

Member #
    Liked
    6553 times
    I would start by just clean as normal after shooting. I don't think metal would smell. Unless gun is a lot of plastic.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I think I'd shoot 50-100 rounds in it, then clean as usual. That outta do it.
    +1 on shooting and cleaning your pistol. I would try a quick hand wash with the foam if it is removable from your case but I would also take great care that the foam was 100% completely dry before reassembling for storage.

Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    It is rather unprofessional to have ruined your pistol case, and not replaced it.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links