Taurus 692 which barrel length?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trouter2

Thread: Taurus 692 which barrel length?

Member #
    Liked
    417 times

Taurus 692 which barrel length?

Which barrel length do you think is more popular?

Which barrel length do you think has more practical use?

I always go back and forth with barrel length. I feel the 3 inch barrel may be more popular but I think the 6 inch barrel is more practical. It takes full advantage of each cartridge's potential power and more accurate.

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk
    Taurus Judge 45-410 6 inch barrel
    Taurus Public Defender ultra lite
    Taurus Gaucho 45 colt
    Taurus M941 22 mag
    Taurus M94 22LR
    Taurus PT22
    Rossi M92 45 COLT

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Just acquired the 692 haven’t fire it as yet nice feel to it replaced the sponge ribbed grips gotta have wood also just received scope mounts from optics planets always a big fan of Taurus handguns .... I prefer the 6.5 barrel
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Smokewagon likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2710 times
    The 6.5" with 9mm smacks steel very hard compared with my G19 or P-07. I'm still waiting on my 3" to come back. For a carry gun, I suspect the 3" will be better than most similar sized .38's.

Maloy

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Per the OP:
    Which barrel length do you think is more popular?

Which barrel length do you think has more practical use?

I always go back and forth with barrel length. I feel the 3 inch barrel may be more popular but I think the 6 inch barrel is more practical. It takes full advantage of each cartridge's potential power and more accurate.

I think he has answered his own question but it still makes a difference on the intended purpose (which wasn't stated). For CC the 3" is more popular and more practical. For hunting the 6.5" barrel (I'm thinking) would be more popular and more practical. For CC, the practicality of the 3" barrel (easier concealment) comes at the expense of the "full advantage of each cartridge's potential power and accuracy". For hunting, the practicality of the 6.5" barrel (
    full advantage of each cartridge's potential power and accuracy) comes at the expense of easy concealment. Since hunting with a short barreled firearm is impractical (maybe even unlawful) and CCing with a 6.5" barreled firearm is impractical (but doable), I think the answer is clear once the intended purpose in known.
    Flex
    "A man has got to know his limitations." HC

Member #
    Liked
    420 times

Taurus 692 which barrel length

If you going to hunt with it or even range shoot my preference is the 6.5 barrel
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The long barrel is too heavy, for a 9mm gun, will cut some slots in the underlug to lighten it.

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    The long barrel is too heavy, for a 9mm gun, will cut some slots in the underlug to lighten it.
    I think that one would have to cut an awful lot of slots or some pretty large ones, in the underlug to get ANY appreciable weight reduction . Not to mention what that would do to the appearance!
    "A man has got to know his limitations." HC

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Look at cutout for the ejector rod, duplicate that going toward the muzzle with about 3/16" space between three of them cut all the way through. Remove about 60% of the under lug material. If I can get DA trigger pull down and find some wood grips that let's you get all the way to the back strap. I might be able to build a nice plate shooting gun.5

Sponsored Links