The new taurus warranty
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Desperado

Thread: The new taurus warranty

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

The new taurus warranty

So over the weekend I picked up a 65 and a 856. I was going through the two manuals the 65 states that it has a lifetime warranty but the 856 states it only has a one year warranty, what gives. I was under the impression that the lifetime warranty was one of the big sellers for the brand. Why has Taurus done this ?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    9047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Don35745 View Post
    So over the weekend I picked up a 65 and a 856. I was going through the two manuals the 65 states that it has a lifetime warranty but the 856 states it only has a one year warranty, what gives. I was under the impression that the lifetime warranty was one of the big sellers for the brand. Why has Taurus done this ?
    Improved quality so they don't break? One year is usually long enough to see if something will break, though most companies give at least a two-year warranty on parts and labor.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    6507 times
    I just bought a G 2 SS and it says that it still has the life time warranty. It was manufactured in 2017.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Will this eventually be applied to all Taurus models ?

Member #
    Liked
    2315 times
    This is something new that they're doing with all new production firearms as of 2017, supposedly because they have since improved the quality of their firearms.

Keep in mind that this only applies to new production firearms, all models produced prior to 2017 are still backed by a Lifetime Warranty, regardless of their date of manufacture. (In other words, if you bought a newly manufactured 605, it's still covered.)

Just as well, Taurus' so-called "Lifetime Warranty" was always something of as misnomer since any firearms which are no longer manufactured by Taurus are only covered for a few years or until their supply of replacement parts runs out, which knowing Taurus, isn't very long at all seeing as they're typically out of stock when it comes to their supply of replacement parts for current firearms.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    7885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Don35745 View Post
    Will this eventually be applied to all Taurus models ?
    All NEW models that have debuted since January 1, 2017 have the one year warranty. All models that were in production prior to that date and still in production have the lifetime warranty (until further notice). The real kick in the crotch is this: When a model is discontinued, such as the model 85, Taurus will only cover parts and service for FIVE YEARS after the date that the model is discontinued.

This thread has a great discussion on this: https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/f...-warranty.html
    FreeInAZ likes this.
    "Our indulgence wore out with you A LONG time ago".
    - Rep. Jim Jordan to Rep. Adam Schiff about the "Impeachment Inquiry"

As has that of the majority of Americans.

Sponsored Links