Taurus 856 38 spl
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Taurus 856 38 spl

Member #
    Liked
    1562 times

Taurus 856 38 spl

Saw a post on Taurus FB page about a new 6 shot 38spl coming on line. I wonder if there'll be a year wait for it to be on the actual market?
    Cariwine and slong115 like this.
    Taurus G2C 9mm
    Springfield XD Mod.2 Sub-compact 45ACP
    Really Old S&W .38Spl.
    S&W M&P Bodyguard 380
    NRA Member./GWCL holder.

"No one, anywhere, ever got something for nothing without someone, somewhere, getting nothing for something.

Member #
    Liked
    19081 times
    I have a 856 that I have owned for years now. It is 6 shot magnesium revolver. It is not approved to shot +P ammunition however.
    Stroker likes this.
    I have often heard that "Change is Good". If this is a fact, why does history tend to repeat itself so often. I'm guessing that it is so we can learn from our mistakes that change is good?

Member #
    Liked
    372 times
    It features prominently in their annual magazine. I'm looking forward to it. It should take the Colt Detective speed loaders and is light at 22.2 ounces. It may not be rated for +P according to some reports I've read, but so what? I'd rather carry a heavier bullet as opposed to a higher velocity bullet.

It is really time for six shot snubbies in .38 to make an appearance again. Everyone wants .357, but most wind up shooting .38 instead. The .357 round is hard to handle out of a snubbie. I can do it, but the accuracy decreases and it takes longer to get back on target. That is why I carry three 158 grain .38's as my first three rounds in my 605 followed by two .357's for insurance. In the scheme of things, I'm just as confident with six rounds of .38.

Name:  IMG_0033.JPG
Views: 756
Size:  64.7 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    It's good Taurus is bringing this one back. I got one back when they were offered the last time. Mine is matte stainless steel finish & weights 22.2 oz. It is rated for +P ammo, but I just shoot regular 38 spl. It's loaded with Buffalo Bore LSWC (Lead Semi Wad Cutter) "FBI Load". These are standard pressure cartridges with a 158 grain bullet and 850 fps tested from a 2" barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinGeorgia View Post
    Saw a post on Taurus FB page about a new 6 shot 38spl coming on line. I wonder if there'll be a year wait for it to be on the actual market?
    SWHS likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30643 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
    It's good Taurus is bringing this one back. I got one back when they were offered the last time. Mine is matte stainless steel finish & weights 22.2 oz. It is rated for +P ammo, but I just shoot regular 38 spl. It's loaded with Buffalo Bore LSWC (Lead Semi Wad Cutter) "FBI Load". These are standard pressure cartridges with a 158 grain bullet and 850 fps tested from a 2" barrel.
    I agree, I think there is a place for a 6 shot snub. 20% more firepower is always appealing. I always like the Colt Detective Special because of this.
    MilProGuy, CitizenX and SWHS like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Agree about the extra round. I pretty much only carry my M856 as my carry weapon. If I'm traveling and it cool enough to wear a jacket outside, many times I'll just drop it in the pocket of the jacket or coat. Fits there very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    I agree, I think there is a place for a 6 shot snub. 20% more firepower is always appealing. I always like the Colt Detective Special because of this.
    texastaurusguy and SWHS like this.

Member #
    Liked
    849 times
    I was actually considering possibly getting a Spectrum after all the "new gun' bugs got worked out but seeing Taurus coming out with a 6-shot snubbie puts the Spectrum way, way, way on the back burner. I can hear an 856UL calling my name as I type this. Gonna have to keep an eye out for when they are available.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30643 times
    Quote Originally Posted by slong115 View Post
    I was actually considering possibly getting a Spectrum after all the "new gun' bugs got worked out but seeing Taurus coming out with a 6-shot snubbie puts the Spectrum way, way, way on the back burner. I can hear an 856UL calling my name as I type this. Gonna have to keep an eye out for when they are available.
    I haven't heard any scuttlebutt about the magnesium 856 making a return. It didn't handle +P ammo anyway, so probably no big loss, I would be in favor of a 856UL though.
    slong115 likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    849 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    I haven't heard any scuttlebutt about the magnesium 856 making a return. It didn't handle +P ammo anyway, so probably no big loss, I would be in favor of a 856UL though.
    Saw it on the Gun Genie site which lists an 856UL with a weight of 15.7 ounces. Of course.......NONE AVAILABLE. I can wait as it gives me some time to set aside a few $$$ for a possible purchase.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Member #
    Liked
    19081 times
    The 856 magnesium is only 13.2 ounces, it makes my 85UL feel heavy. But, Yes, No +P ammo.
    slong115 and MR_22 like this.
    I have often heard that "Change is Good". If this is a fact, why does history tend to repeat itself so often. I'm guessing that it is so we can learn from our mistakes that change is good?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links