Taurus 856 38 spl - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Taurus 856 38 spl

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    600 times
    Just checked the supplier Sports South inventory on line and they do not show they have any yet.
    They have them listed but not in stock.

Member #
    Liked
    10371 times
    856 same grip size as the 85
    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. Josh Billings
    One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. Bob Marley
    To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens. Adolf Hitler
    I like my whisky old and my women young. Errol Flynn

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26338 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionquest1 View Post
    It features prominently in their annual magazine. I'm looking forward to it. It should take the Colt Detective speed loaders and is light at 22.2 ounces. It may not be rated for +P according to some reports I've read, but so what? I'd rather carry a heavier bullet as opposed to a higher velocity bullet.

It is really time for six shot snubbies in .38 to make an appearance again. Everyone wants .357, but most wind up shooting .38 instead. The .357 round is hard to handle out of a snubbie. I can do it, but the accuracy decreases and it takes longer to get back on target. That is why I carry three 158 grain .38's as my first three rounds in my 605 followed by two .357's for insurance. In the scheme of things, I'm just as confident with six rounds of .38.
    Ain't it the truth! Especially with the light weight .357 snubbies.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Just ordered one yesterday from Buds Gun Shop so when I get it I'll give a brief report on it.

Who has the 856 so far.
    Buds Gun Shop
    Kentucky Gun Co.
    Lipseys
    slong115 and MR_22 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    971 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Just ordered one yesterday from Buds Gun Shop so when I get it I'll give a brief report on it.

Who has the 856 so far.
    Buds Gun Shop
    Kentucky Gun Co.
    Lipseys
    Did you ever post your review of your 856?

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    I was thinking of getting a small budget priced .38 I could keep by the front door, loaded up with shot shells, for taking our puppy out to do his business. The wife told me she saw what she swore was a 2' or so copperhead over by the woodshed, right where hoo doo goes to do his poo-poo. He's a little feller that will always be 10 lbs or less, and even a snake that size could kill him I think. Can't have nuthin' hurtin' my little buddy. (except me and a rolled up newspaper, and that's just noisy)

I wanted something smaller than my 2" K frame Smiths, bit larger that the puny 22 shotshells. The 45 colt is ideal, but it pulls my jammies off on the night runs, (when those critters like to hunt). Same thing with my little Taurus 44 special 445, they are just too heavy.

Anyway, I was browsing through one of the LGS and spotted a LNIB 856 (all steel, but still just 22 oz). I didn't know they made a 6 shooter that small, and it felt like a pretty darn good DA trigger. After negotiating it down to $225 OTD, it was a no brainer. Not exactly the true lightweight/ultralight or whatever I was thinking about getting, but way cheaper than I'd expected to spend.

After cycling it a couple of hundred time with snap caps, it seemed even better. So I tossed and empty can out in the yard and shot it to pieces with some 148 gr wadcutters I had handy. "Hey, this little guy is a shooter!" I decided. The grips seem nice too. I think it's a going to be just what the doctor ordered.

I guess I need to drag the paperwork out of the box and see what it says about the warranty. I really never gave it any consideration, but now my curiosity is up. All in all I think it's a well priced little revolver, even at regular retail, it has some pretty good online reviews. I'll report back it I have any problems. And if I find that little creepy crawler!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Member #
    Liked
    29250 times
    Hoo Doo is one cute looking pup!
    kraynky likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    782 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kraynky View Post
    I was thinking of getting a small budget priced .38 I could keep by the front door, loaded up with shot shells, for taking our puppy out to do his business. The wife told me she saw what she swore was a 2' or so copperhead over by the woodshed, right where hoo doo goes to do his poo-poo. He's a little feller that will always be 10 lbs or less, and even a snake that size could kill him I think. Can't have nuthin' hurtin' my little buddy. (except me and a rolled up newspaper, and that's just noisy)

I wanted something smaller than my 2" K frame Smiths, bit larger that the puny 22 shotshells. The 45 colt is ideal, but it pulls my jammies off on the night runs, (when those critters like to hunt). Same thing with my little Taurus 44 special 445, they are just too heavy.

Anyway, I was browsing through one of the LGS and spotted a LNIB 856 (all steel, but still just 22 oz). I didn't know they made a 6 shooter that small, and it felt like a pretty darn good DA trigger. After negotiating it down to $225 OTD, it was a no brainer. Not exactly the true lightweight/ultralight or whatever I was thinking about getting, but way cheaper than I'd expected to spend.

After cycling it a couple of hundred time with snap caps, it seemed even better. So I tossed and empty can out in the yard and shot it to pieces with some 148 gr wadcutters I had handy. "Hey, this little guy is a shooter!" I decided. The grips seem nice too. I think it's a going to be just what the doctor ordered.

I guess I need to drag the paperwork out of the box and see what it says about the warranty. I really never gave it any consideration, but now my curiosity is up. All in all I think it's a well priced little revolver, even at regular retail, it has some pretty good online reviews. I'll report back it I have any problems. And if I find that little creepy crawler!
    I bought a new one a few weeks ago at Rural King and I paid $269.99. It shoot well and is shockingly accurate for such a short barrel. The fit and finish is excellent and I am very pleased with it. I have shot both 38 Special and 38 Special +P with it with good results. The double action trigger is the best I have ever had on a new gun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links