Raging Rhino

Thread: Raging Rhino

Member #
    Liked
    686 times

Raging Rhino

Taurus needs to up the ante with their raging bulls. They need to make a six or seven shot monster in the 500 and 454 calibers. A huge gun with a massive frame and cylinder is what I crave. If you are going to go big, I say go big. Okay getting off my soapbox now.

Member #
    Liked
    2313 times

Re: Raging Rhino

A cylinder on a 7-shot 500 S&W would probably weigh more than a Mil Pro.
    In Loving Memory---Anthony 10/12/1998 - 3/26/2010

Member #
    Liked
    763 times

No need to get off your soapbox Ace. There are a few platforms and chamberings we'd all love to see Taurus adopt, some feasible and some not.

I do like your idea however and think it would be a strong seller for Taurus, especially in the 500 Magnum chambering. What would really be fantastic, at least to me, would be to have these in Titanium to help offset some of the weight.

Demand is there for the RBs in 500 Magnum but they're difficult to come by and have been for at least a few months now. Everytime I go to gunbroker, I find RBs in other calibers but not in 500 Magnum. I do see many S&Ws however in 500 but no RBs.

Is S&W keeping up with demand or do people just prefer Taurus to their offerings in that chambering? [No disrespect to S&W but I see very few of their 500s with bids but when I rarely have run across a RB 500 it always has had at least one bid.] So I think tend to think it's the latter.

But I digress...
    So yes I think your idea is feasible Ace. Also Taurus has had the intention of releasing a RB in .223 but I haven't heard anymore of it since the initial release months ago. If they made one with a 10" or 12" barrel, I'd scoop it up so fast, it'd make Linda Blair's head spin.

"You gotta be one of the good guys, son, 'cause there's way too many of the bad." - John Custer to his son Jesse.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    686 times

That the whole point NYPD, if I'm going to spend money on a raging bull I want a huge piece of steel that will make Dirty Harry weep

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

i'm looking a a taurus semi automatic. pt 140 pro or pt 145 pro.best prices on the market, but some experianced hand gun owners are telling me to look at sigsauer or the xd models. my budget does'nt allow me at this point to purchase a more expensive gun. ant suggestions or input would be helpful..
    Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Image, Sigs are good guns and I like the looks of the XD series but I don't own one. I also don't own any Taurus autos but many of these guys do and from what I hear the autos are just as reliable as the Taurus revolvers I own; have you gotten the opportunity to shoot either the 140 or 145?

Member #
    Liked
    686 times

I was interested in xds until I discovered that springfield farmed them out to croatia. Don't get me wrong my buddies who own them praise them without end. I just think springfield should make their pistols here, then I'd pick one up. It's a wierd twist of fate that an american gun company will have their products made overseas (colt, springfield, remington, now winchester) while foriegn companies (fn, berreta) have factories here. I do tend to buy quality but I will support American jobs when I am able. I will state that this is my opinion, and a purley hypocritical one at that since I am a fan of the Taurus product for the money they are good guns and the word of mouth I get from my friends outweighs anything on the internet I also have no complaints about the Tauri I own. But a pistol selection all comes down to choice; Reliability is primary, ergonomics is second to that. Go handle the pistols and see what you like.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

I'd pick whichever gun fits your hand. A Mil-Pro came through this house a while back. It shot ran fine but just didn't feel right compared to my XD. If I remember right I couldn't make that thing malfunction.

XD's are a Croatian design. They were originally imported as HS2000's and didn't sell very well here. Springfield got the rights, made some minor design changes (not sure what) and they started selling. I think it took the Springfield name and marketing ability. They are good guns and I have a subcompact as my primary carry gun.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Guess I'm getting old but have to agree with NYPD, it would be heavy I will leave this to you young bloods. Back when I was young and shot the .454 cassul in a blackhawk, I knew to stick with my .44mag. There is a market I'm sure but the costs as it all just keeps going up is another post I guess.

Member #
    Liked
    686 times

The cost would be relative. A gun like that would be a once in a lifetime purchase (unless your made of money). Given that time frame 800-1000 bucks seems cheap. But needles to say if the gunmakers would put one out I think I'd try to shoot one.

Sponsored Links