Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EdinGeorgia
  • 1 Post By EdinGeorgia

Thread: 605 Yoke Screw Assy. (long)

Member #
    Liked
    1544 times

605 Yoke Screw Assy. (long)

Back in mid October I posted about losing the Yoke Screw Assembly from my 605 due to my carelessness. October 20 to be exact. I contacted Taurus and the took my order for the assembly to arrive in 7 - 10 days. The assembly includes the Yoke Screw, The retaining pin spring and the yoke retaining spring.

Well by October 31 I hadn't received my order, so I called Taurus. They told me my order was picked but because it was their Fiscal year end, it wouldn't ship until November 7. And it did.

When I received the package, it had only the yoke screw and nothing else. That was on 11/10.

I called Taurus and told them of the error and that they need to ship me the other two parts. They said they would ship the other parts ASAP. I received that shipment yesterday and it contained 3 of the retaining pin springs but no retaining spring.

Well, I figure that if I call back and tell them that I still didn't get all of it that they would think that I was playing them. So.....

I decided to just simply order another Yoke Screw assembly and pay for it.

I contacted them via their CS online chat. CS Agent Jonathan was on the other end. I told him that I just needed to order a Yoke Screw Assembly and pay for it. I made no mention of the fact that I'd already received two shipments and still didn't have the entire assy. I figure that I'll only be out another $14.01. No big deal.

Jonathan responds "Let me check into this further and I'll be back to you in a few minutes". A few minutes ended up being about 15 minutes.

When Jonathan returns, he says "Your order for the complete assembly has been placed and you should have it in 7 - 10 days." I ask him how do I need to arrange payment?

Jonathan responds "We're shipping it to you at no charge as a courtesy". I gave him my shipping info and he told me that they already had that in the system and the they were glad to be of service.

Hopefully, I'll have the assembly by Friday or Saturday of next week and I'll be able to put my 605 back into service.

My basic thought on this is that it was initially bad service but their free of charge shipment, to me, is good service.

I'm sure that Jonathan, looked up my account and saw the two prior shipments and figured I wasn't trying to screw them out of a $14 assembly.

More after it arrives.....
    gunnerk19 likes this.
    Taurus G2C 9mm
    Springfield XD Mod.2 Sub-compact 45ACP
    Really Old S&W .38Spl.
    S&W M&P Bodyguard 380
    NRA Member./GWCL holder.

"No one, anywhere, ever got something for nothing without someone, somewhere, getting nothing for something.

Member #
    Liked
    1544 times
    Received the assembly in the mail today. 605 is back up and running.

The pin and spring are tiny. When you remove the cylinder for cleaning, put the assy in a magnetic bowl, or work on a magnetic pad.

My lesson is that I will frequently check the screw to make sure it is snug. It's way too much hassle when you lose them.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    Taurus G2C 9mm
    Springfield XD Mod.2 Sub-compact 45ACP
    Really Old S&W .38Spl.
    S&W M&P Bodyguard 380
    NRA Member./GWCL holder.

"No one, anywhere, ever got something for nothing without someone, somewhere, getting nothing for something.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45950 times
    Glad it all worked out.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Sponsored Links