New to me Taurus M44 blue 4" RANT - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: New to me Taurus M44 blue 4" RANT

Taurus will make it right. I bought a 441 .44 Special off Gunbroker back when these revolvers were not going for the premium prices they go for today. When I received the gun the trigger pull was very light and upon testing was not igniting about 1 of every 5 rounds loaded. So I packed up the gun and sent it to Taurus, with a letter asking for the action to be restored to factory specification, also explaining to them my suspicions that someone had messed with it. I had it back four weeks later with a letter explaining the work, basically replacing springs and other minor adjustments. Functions perfectly now. Work was done free of charge, except for my shipping to them.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Does anyone have a blue 4" like this one? I had never saw one and was kind of wondering about the pics grips, and holsters. I'm going to send it off after the first of the year don't want to go near the UPS, Fedx with all of the Christmas traffic. I will not be able to hunt with it this year anyway. I checked a few holsters from Galco and Blackhawk the Smith holsters that I tried didn't fit. Merry Christmas!!!
    I'll keep my freedom, money and guns you can keep the change!!

Ace
    Member #
    Liked
    686 times

Finding good holsters for the m44 is tough I went with a nylon shoulder rig that doesn't quite fit. I also tried tucker gun leather, but they haven't got a sample to mold from yet. The problem is getting something to cover the trigger guard, it's larger than the smith in a similar frame and the holster makers just assume that it will fit into a smith holster, which it doesn't.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33293 times

I bought my M44 holster from F.I.S.T. (Same as the 60 They make some very nice leather holsters. Tucker makes nice stuff also, but not for the M44.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Sorry to hear about your troubles...and you can add one more M44 (SS 4") owner to the list. Once Taurus gets it running, you are going to love it, as I enjoy mine..I find mine very accurate, considering it only has about 3" of rifled barrel and the rest being ported.
    As far as holsters, any N frame holster of equivalent barrel length sould work..I have a bianchi that works fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links