Update---my g2 has been in miami for 5 1/2 months
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Angry Update---my g2 has been in miami for 5 1/2 months

They returned it to me after abiut 3 1/2 not fixed. I sent it back a couple days later. After a month os leacing messages on the service manager (roberts) voucemail i finally got ahold of him by dialing the operator and demanding i talk to someone of authority. He told me to send only the gun and i would have a replacement within a week of their recieving my broken one. 2 months later i am ready to report it stolen by the manufacturer. In my oppinion if you cannot resolve a customer service issue within atimely manor your lifetime warranty is worhtless. It may take a lifetime for me to recieve a brand new pustol i purchased and firerd 300 rounds through in one session. It was returned the next week and has been there since. Why would anything possibly take over 5 months to fix or decide to replace. Ridiculous. Any other firearms manufacturer would have made things right in under half the time or less. THE LIFETIME WARRANTY ONLY DESCRIBES HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE......FOR SOME.....NOT ALL. I have heard some good things about their customer service. I just have not witnessed them for myself, and am so pissed of at this point that even though i believe yhey make a high quality weapon i dont know if i will EVER purchase another and will not recomend them either. This was an update and bitch session to relive some anger about the situation anf it is great to have such a great site to do it at. I am not in any way against their fitearms...... But the customer service is by far the worst i, or anyone else i have heard has experienced. 30 calls to a manager with no response is ridiculous when they were given the serial number and could see that it was taking so long. I wish my job was so good i could feel good about myself blowing off a customer of the company i have invested myself in.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I appoligize for all the typos. I have been posting from my phone. Today they told me it would be replaced and would be sent out this week. I let them know that i have heard this before from them over 2 months ago. I then confirmed that they still have the ffl i had to send 3 times. She confirmed.
    So we will see what happens.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    kfrazier
    You have been much more patient than I would have been. Now I am speaking for myself, if they had done this with me and I got a new gun out of the deal, I would trade it to the lgs for something from another manufacturer. My hands would be washed of the whole deal. I bought a Dodge Dakota once and it was a lemon from day 1 and I have not bought another Chrysler product and I advise everyone looking for a new ride to stay away from Chrysler products.
    Last edited by scalphunter; 08-24-2011 at 05:37 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    hopefully it works this time around... let us know.
    John D.

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27597 times
    I can relate to your plight because it took Taurus three months to ship me a replacement TCP. I was on the verge of getting a bit "antsy" about the long wait, and I can't imagine the state of consternation I would have been in had I been waiting five and a half months!

Since the time the pistol was at warranty service and the time I received the replacement pistol, I've suffered a stroke and am unable to rack the slide of the little pistol...so that prompted me to trade it, right there at the FFL gun shop counter, for a revolver.

I've owned nine other Taurus handguns, and have never had an issue with any of them...so I took the mindset that "there's a first time for everything", and, at least, they did eventually make things right.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    I wish you the best kfraiser and understand the need to vent because CS can make you crazy! Honesty... is all it takes. You are quite a bit more patient that I as I would have long since moved on. Some warranty claims move quickly and some don't. If you experience a bad one it makes you very cynical about the outfit and anything they say.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    They finally sent me a new gun. I picked it up today and plan on shooting as soon as possible. Everything is working as it should. Thank to this site for having a place to vent. I also feel that letting customer service know that i do post on this forum helped out a bit.

Member #
    Liked
    649 times
    Here's to the new shooter running well good luck.
    U.S ARMY/NATIONAL GUARD VET RETIRED In a man to man fight the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine. ERWIN ROMMEL May god have mercy upon my enemies because I wont. GEORGE PATTON

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I hear your pain man and understand. It does suck that as the end consumer there is not much other than e-mails or phone calls we can do towards the bureaucracy of the gun industry's companies to get them moving on repairs they are dragging their feet on for whatever reason.

I work in the gun industry myself. I have seen many different guns go back for repair. Most companies will turn around a repair within a month. But all of them will do things like what you experienced. Why? Who knows, probably due to poor organization and managing work on repairs is my guess.

I hope that this experience doesn't turn you away from Taurus. I have seen several go in for repair and most of them come back within a month. Also, like I had stated, I've seen your situation happen to people with handguns from other quality manufacturers.

Only think I can think to tell you, is that sometimes this can happen. It sucks, but its the reality of the situation. If your primary reason for owning the Taurus G2 is for self defense, i would strongly encourage you to purchase a 2nd one. I know that might not be your first thought after this experience, but there are several reasons why someone should own at least two of the same firearm they use for self defense... You have a backup piece. If you get in a shooting the police will take your gun for the duration of the investigation. You might lose it for months. Also, like in your situation, if one breaks, you have a 2nd one. And.. if your in a situation or economic situation where one breaks and you CAN'T send it back into repair -- for whatever reason-- you have that backup gun there.

Some tips for interacting with firearm companies if they are failing to give you proper service...

1. Threats and verbally venting your angry are next to useless. Politely inquire about your firearm's status. Being nice to that person your interacting with might make them appreciate your kindness and make them go the extra mile to help you out! Don't underestimate it!

2. Persistence. Once its over due, weekly e-mail, call etc. to check status.

3. Save your anger for a letter to the head of customer service. Don't underestimate how effective one letter of complaint can be. Make it short and sweet, detail your experience, express your frustration and dissatisfaction. You never know, the company might send you some free stuff! They do that sometimes. Gun companies want to give good service, so don't discount how helpful your letter can be.

Hope that helps man.

Member #
    Liked
    1855 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrazier1979 View Post
    ... THE LIFETIME WARRANTY ONLY DESCRIBES HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE ...
    That hit my funny bone. Sorry for laughing, not at your pain, at your description. Very good. To warn you all: Don't buy a Hyundai. Auto door locks will never be fixed no matter how many times you take it back to the dealer and the fuel mileage will never be 2/3 of what the sticker says.
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links