My g2 has been in miami for 2 1/2 months.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My g2 has been in miami for 2 1/2 months.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

My g2 has been in miami for 2 1/2 months.

It has been way too long. Every time i call they say they are waiting for parts. Any advice?

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27597 times
    No advice...but I sure hope they don't keep my TCP that long!

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    I've have two handguns down since I bought them. They have had my 25PLY for a month now, a supervisor was supposed to call me yesterday but the call never came. The barrel/chamber was not concentric on this handgun so I suspect that it is waiting a barrel but time is up as far as I'm concerned. I've have also been trying to just get parts for my PT132 since the first day I had it, rear sight fell off, a little over a month now and they had supposedly scheduled a pickup for it yesterday but FedEx says that the pickup isn't scheduled.

My intent is to talk to that supervisor and request a board review for both of the pistols. If these are waiting parts after a month, they should be replaced or the purchase price returned in that they never gave a full day of duty service. Their warranty is worthless if they don't have parts and won't replace the handgun. They have taken an "excited" buyer and have caused me to question whether I would buy from them again. Until this is resolved, I wouldn't.

I sent a PT111 back for the non-concentric barrel/chamber and it was replaced in a week so I have had three major warranty issues out of eight new pistols, 63% isn't a passing grade where I come from. The 25PLY really bothers me in that I waited a year for that pistol. I had signed up at every place that listed it and had one the day after it was first available. The issues with the PT132 are utter incompetence and Taurus' revolving door of models. I think if you have a mainstream pistol in FL, you are better off than one that is not in production or is not the norm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33124 times
    This is one of the reasons I don't buy a gun until it's been on the market for at least a year.....the G2 just came out, and it sounds like they're having a hard time supplying Miami with parts for it.

Nothing to do but wait. And keep calling and letting them know that you're still patiently waiting.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    28100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    This is one of the reasons I don't buy a gun until it's been on the market for at least a year.....the G2 just came out, and it sounds like they're having a hard time supplying Miami with parts for it.

Nothing to do but wait. And keep calling and letting them know that you're still patiently waiting.
    UH -huh---- exactly!
    IF the guns are hard to find you can bet the parts are as well, this is true of any new production gun by anyone.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    well. Its still in miami. I have called there several times in the last two weeks. I have left messages for the manager twice. no response. Every time i ask for the manager they are either in a meeting or have left for the day. I dont know what else to do and florida is a long way from minnesota. Any ideas.
    sandman 11 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    I think they owe you some type of contact and explanation. As far as the new pistol goes, I disagree with TTG. If they are selling it they need to support it. Experiencing a warranty claim like this will make you doubt the quality of the product. Where I would start is pressing "O" and asking the operator for a Customer Service Supervisor. If you get voice mail, hang up and keep trying until you do. They shouldn't sell the pistol if they cannot support it.
    sandman 11 likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Dog View Post
    I think they owe you some type of contact and explanation. As far as the new pistol goes, I disagree with TTG. If they are selling it they need to support it. Experiencing a warranty claim like this will make you doubt the quality of the product. Where I would start is pressing "O" and asking the operator for a Customer Service Supervisor. If you get voice mail, hang up and keep trying until you do. They shouldn't sell the pistol if they cannot support it.
    All I was trying to point out is that during the first year of any new production run, this is when major problems will pop up if they are going to. Look at the Ruger SR9, the LCP, and many other guns that were probably released too early.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Well. Atleast five more.messages for the customer service manager and still no response. This is by far the worst proffesionalism i have ever seen. Wish there was a way to talk to the ceo or president.

Member #
    Liked
    649 times
    Here's hopen it doesn't take much longer
    U.S ARMY/NATIONAL GUARD VET RETIRED In a man to man fight the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine. ERWIN ROMMEL May god have mercy upon my enemies because I wont. GEORGE PATTON

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links