My g2 has been in miami for 2 1/2 months. - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My g2 has been in miami for 2 1/2 months.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I agree....and I will never purchase another one sight unseen, but I have this sweetheart deal with a family member that has an FFL. He buys new guns at wholesale and passes that price along to me as well as waives the transfer fee. That is the ONLY reason I ever buy one sight unseen. New guns cost me around 65-percent list....so I take a chance now-n-then.

However, we must admit that there are some purchasers out there that simply can't tell what they have even if they held it first. The problems turn-up later after they realize what they have purchased is a bad-apple. Nothing evil about that....we all have to learn somehow. I have witnessed individuals purchase a new Taurus over the table at a gun show and buy it purely on the basis that it has a lifetime warranty. Some people just don't know any better.

Member #
    Liked
    28095 times
    agreed! although i would mention that even if buying through the family member, if the gun is not acceptable then the family member(whom should inspect the weapon upon arrival) should be able to return the gun to the distributor that they obtained it from for an exchange and at really no cost to them.
    When i owned/operated a gunshop many years ago we sent more than a couple back to the distributors for replacement.
    Colt and Remington had some bad stuff coming out of the factories back then.
    and of course my statements were more for the individual that is buying from a retailer and not a wholesaler.
    an educated consumer is the best way of handling faulty equipment-just don't buy it!.
    its a heck of a lot easier for the gun shop, distributor to dela with a manufacture than an individual buyer to put up wiht the headache.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    4 months later...... i have sent them back the gun they sent me...which was the original that they had FIXED. but still would not eject mags. Robert the manager told me to only send the gun so thats all i sent. three weeks later i called they say they took a new mag off the shelf and the said the gun worked flawlessly. they said the problem was the old mags that i had and to send them in at my expense. so i sent them the mags at my expense. 12 bucks not a big deal bust still. so today they send me two new mags but no gun. yesterday i called and they said the gun was up for review and that i should call back later this week. then why the hell did i get two mags today?? if you ask me four months is way tooo damn long to be dealing with this. they have given me the run around and said they would fix it then replace it then that it worked fine and was a mag isssue. if your gunsmith had worked on it the first time he should have known that. I only want a fully functioning gun back. thats what i paid $400 for. right.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    Absolutely crazy.

Member #
    Liked
    28095 times
    Personally I am totally lost on the concept of a "Review board"?
    I mean if a gunsmith says that its cheaper (and correct) to swap a weapon out than to repair it then why a review board?
    at worse case scenario the manager /supervisor over the gunsmith section should be able to make that decision after confering with the gunsmith that worked on the gun.
    I hate it when someone says well they do it this way, But when Beretta swapped out my Neos, the gunsmith himself called me and said i spoke to my supervisor and we are swapping the gun out , you will have it in 3-4 days, I got it in 2.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I called again yesterday. They told me that is now in the review board and to call again next week sometime. The rep also said i should contact robert again as he would have more info on the case. Here we go again. Poor customer service. If it cant be fixed, replace it. Its that simple.

Member #
    Liked
    758 times
    When I called re. my 617 cylinder clearance issues and I wanted to speak to someone at the next level the rep stated "that would still be me". Luckily it was within the 30 day warranty provided by my gun store I let them handle it. After my conversation with Taurus I was very weary about sending the gun to them. After doing more extensive research I was also alarmed by the high amount of cylinder clearance issues with their revolvers. At this point IF I ever buy another Taurus (I only buy Taurus revolvers all my semi's are Glocks), they will be limited to specific models like the 85 which are tried and tested and still make sure I put allot of rounds through the gun while the shop warranty is intact to quickly identify any factory defects.
    Last edited by AdesteAnimo; 08-06-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mine PT809 was in review board for at least 6 weeks. I hope your's isn't there that long and you get it back soon.
    S&W M&P Pro 9 (IDPA)
    S&W M&P9 (Home Defense)
    S&W M&P9c (CCW)
    S&W 22A (Plinking)
    CMMG M4LE 5.56/22

Gone but not forgotten - Taurus PT92, Taurus PT809, Glock19

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    These things to be coming more and more normal for the Taurus CS. Unfortunately, is has sour me on even consider another Taurus, may decide to let my PT1911 go. The CS problems are not a fluke, but are very consistent (from what I am able to tell). If I decide to keep my PT1911, it will NEVER be sent to Miami.....Taurus's CS is really starting to hurt them.... Just the other day, a co-worker was intrestested in getting a .357. I steered him away and to one of the mainsay and american company. In part because of all the bs with the CS. Not willing to take the chance on him having to deal with the totally unacceptal service from Taurus.

Now I know, many of you, have been fortunate to have got you firearms back in a reasonable time and they actually worked....Well good for you and I am glad that it worked out. '

But this 'Hit and Miss' problem with CS and overall quality, have been dogging Taurus for a long time. I am no longer comfortable to reccommend a taurri firearm to my friends, becuase if there was ever any issue, chances are good, they will have a nightmare dealing with the taurus's CS. Friends just do not do that to friends.

As Ranchdog pointed out...63% is not good in any professional business.

Lonerider
    old Cavalry motto -"Draw Me Not Without Reason...Sheath Me Not Without Honor"

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to dance in the rain!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Well, over 4 months later and i still have no pistol. Maybe i should have just donated the money to a worthy cause. Or maybe i already did. Customer service just keeps giving me the run around. I have left several messages for this elusive robert guy. But he never answers the phone or retrns my call. Maybe the better business bureau would like to here this. I am just pissed off at the whole deal. Why does it take over 120 days to figure it out?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Sponsored Links