My g2 has been in miami for 2 1/2 months. - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My g2 has been in miami for 2 1/2 months.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Now they have confirmed they have the ffl they need but the ordering dept. Didnt get the gun out on friday. So now they ship mon. Or tue. I should have it by the end of the week if im lucky and there are no more hang ups. I cant believe it has taken this much for a sImple thing.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    last yr i bought a pt709 slim 9mm..loved it after cleaning niticed feed ramp had nick called oamo sent it in 6weeks later gotit back,,,then every clip had fte...sent back three more times still fte every clip..got ahold of christian i believe sent back agian this time they replace gun....eveything fine now except gun now shoots to left adj rear sights but still off too left...put on crimson trace at 25feet gun is dead nut got photos to proove it...i"m reluctant to send back in to taurus,,worried what it will be like when i get it back

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Oh Boy, I am starting to have second thoughts about ordering a second Taurus, a Tracker M44. I haven't had any problems with my PT709 but I really haven't used it much, maybe 100 rounds down range.

I think the tracker is a beautiful looking gun, the weight seems perfect and the price is $300 less than a S&W or a Ruger... This is so hard to pass up but I am not a very patient person when I feel like I am getting the run around although in the end it seems they come through OK...

What does one do....

JimT

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bchboy1206 View Post
    What does one do....
    Say "what the hell" and buy it anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bchboy1206 View Post
    What does one do....

JimT
    Save more money & buy a used S&W ....

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    It's okay to go ahead and buy a new Taurus sight-unseen....if you are an amateur gunsmith. I wish they would just offer the guns in kit form so you could assemble them and fix-them-as-you-go. I have a box-full and everyone is a good shooter. However, 1/2 of the ones I have purchased NIB have had to be fixed either by me or Taurus. I received a replacement for a gun that neither me or Taurus could fix.....and I had to fix the new replacement.

I have dealt with the people in Miami for the last time. I don't mind owning a good Taurus and I have some very good ones. I will just never purchase another one sight un-seen and not test fired.

As for S&W...I own a box-full of those too and they have their own issues. They are just afraid to post a thread on their forum titled "S&W Complaints".
    Last edited by 1550vt; 07-21-2011 at 06:17 AM.
    Ranch Dog likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1550vt View Post
    As for S&W...I own a box-full of those too and they have their own issues. They are just afraid to post a thread on their forum titled "S&W Complaints".
    Well said! That speaks highly of our own forum and the fellows that participate, or at least it does to me. I now have nine Taurus pistols, had problems with three of them, and the warranty process with two of them didn't go smoothly. I was allowed to vent here, I'm mean where else can you do. Venting on another forum just flames the Taurus haters but here you get a dose of understanding, some sympathy, and are told success stories of the wait. I'm as happy as can be now that they are back and racking up a round count with all my pistols in my cast bullet work. I thought I swore off of any additional Taurus purchases but then a 450 came along...

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I am far from a Taurus-basher. If I was a real basher...I would not own as many as I do. I have a couple that I would not part with. I compare the Taurus to the Harley Davidson. I have been riding Harleys for 25-30 years and every one I ever owned was a noisy, hot, rattling toaster oven and the new ones you pay 25K plus for are still the same thing. Us Harley guys beat and bash the company about the treatment we get and the product we buy....but we still just keep on buying them anyway.

It doesn't hurt to tell the truth and sometimes the truth hurts. The truth is that in many (if not most) cases, dealing with a Taurus warranty issue simply sux and there is just no excuse for it.

My perfect gun would be one with the presumed S&W quality and the internal lock in the hammer like the Taurus. If you really want to hear somebody whine and moan....bring-up the IL to the next Smith owner that bashes a Taurus.
    Last edited by 1550vt; 07-21-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1963 times
    This is why I have a spare gun.
    Ancient Airman, WWII, Korea
    PT-111 Mil PRO - Evita,
    24/7 PRO DS - Sweetie,
    24/7 PRO C DS - Maxine,
    S&W 60-4 - The Old Man
    PT 1911 - Gilda, the Golden Girl,
    NRA

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    28095 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bre346 View Post
    This is why I have a spare gun.
    This is why i throughly check out ANY weapon before i pick it out, put down the cash, fill out the paperwork amnd walk out the door with it.
    Now i did buy 1 firearm online but believe me when i say that i thoroughly checked out the weapon before I filled out the paperwork gave my money and took the gun home.
    Oh, i do this with ALL manufactures not just Taurus.
    and Yes i do occasionally get a bad apple, in some 45 years of purchasing firearms i got 1 Colt 1911, 1 -beretta, , 1 -Ruger and 1 Taurus that had to go back for repair/replacement, all were fixed except for the colt and all had problems that occured after many rounds of ammo and the problems could not be detected visually.
    So a lot of these problems could be avoided by the customer if they didn't simply see and want and take whatever was given to them.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links