My g2 has been in miami for 2 1/2 months. - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My g2 has been in miami for 2 1/2 months.

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    Dude, I just don't know what to offer??? Guns that stay more than a week seem to drop into a black hole. What actually got the ball rolling on my 25PLY was telling them I wanted the gun back, repaired or not, and something was going to happen today. That got me to the operator and a supervisor. If they told me I could not have it back or they would not send it back, things would have taken a different turn.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    "...a different turn." What's the secret? Legal action? Attorney General? Oprah Winfree? It must be good - especially if you can do what others have not. Not knocking you .... just curious as to the plan of action? Maybe it's been tried by others and failed or even succeeded. The magic plan would be welcomed by a LOT of folks. You'd be a hero!

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    You are right, not much. Personally, all I could do would be to stop buying their products. Firearms and magazines, now $3.5K in the last 60 days. My bank said that if the return was refused, they would reverse the charges on Buds. In fact, that seems to me to be the best approach. If the manufacturer isn't going to be responsible for the product, make the seller responsible. That is what has specifically killed Jimenez Arms and a few others, no one will sell there products because of the lack of support for the product. I consider a Taurus a "conditional" buy. If it is good out of the box it is good to go, otherwise... good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Call them back, get the name of the head of customer sevice, get a good mailing adress and send that person a certified letter. That person must sign for the letter. It will then be read and you will get something done.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Any idea how many times that has been tried. They read and toss.

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    So Smoke... what advice can you give this fellow on getting his pistol back? Surely you do not think an indefinite hold without communication is acceptable? Next, have you ever sent a firearm back to Taurus Customer Service for repair?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I had many issues getting my PT809 back. After multiple calls to CS, it eventually got to the point where I emailed several VP's at Taurus. I said many complimentary things about CS and made some recommendations (getting a fax server so they wouldn't keep losing faxed FFL's being a major one). Also told them that as an employee of a company that is partnered with the Wall Street Journal and an active blogger, that I wanted to say good things about Taurus, but that they were making it extremely difficult to do so. Within 30 minutes of me sending the emails, I had a phone call from the CS rep that I had talked to earlier that day. He said my gun was packed up and was shipping out that night. I confirmed the Fedex number and received the gun from my dealer a couple of days later.
    S&W M&P Pro 9 (IDPA)
    S&W M&P9 (Home Defense)
    S&W M&P9c (CCW)
    S&W 22A (Plinking)
    CMMG M4LE 5.56/22

Gone but not forgotten - Taurus PT92, Taurus PT809, Glock19

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Yes I sent back a revolver for issues with the barrel. I sent it - they acknowledged receipt and that parts would be ordered. After approximately two months I called and asked what was going on (this was over 10 years ago). Parts still on order - no idea when they would arrive. SO I waited another month, no revolver; so, I wrote a letter and sent it as suggested, 'certified'. Two weeks later they swore there was no record of the letter, even though it was signed for and I had the card in my possession.

After five months I simply gave up -- quit calling and figured the gun would eventually come home. It did - finally - after nearly six months. The gun worked just fine ..... and now I must go ..... the old lady is ragging in my ear and pissed I am trying to finish this damned note.

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    After five months I simply gave up -- quit calling and figured the gun would eventually come home. It did - finally - after nearly six months. The gun worked just fine .....
    That is just damned crazy, the wait with no correspondence. They come back good to go but still... Do what it takes to cool momma down, you never know when you will need credit for another firearm...

Another thing that I wish was different was the CS survey. It doesn't mean a thing as it is not referenced to a service order or serial number. Oh well.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Sheesh .......... she buys some danged TV Tables and drives me nuts over the things. It coulda waited.

Let;s see .... the gun where was I? Had it home and it worked OK - only took roughly six months. The rest is up above a ways in #18.

Now as for this query / statement -- "Another thing that I wish was different was the CS survey. It doesn't mean a thing as it is not referenced to a service order or serial number. Oh well."

Bought it approximately 20 years ago from: J.R.'s Range -- 6801 North Paramount Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90805. Taurus Model 2-940049-94 -- a M94 4" Stainless Steel .22LR 9-Shot revolver $89.50 cash. Had to wait a while to pick it up even though back then California wasn't as screwed-up as they are today. Glad I got out. Serial Number LC44583. What this does to flip yer switch, I have no idea, but there it is for your approval.

Oh and as you do the Sherlock Holmes on it - I said the repair was "...over 10 years ago." It was actually oover 15 yeare ago now that I go back and be as specific as I can. Finger prints furnished for a nominal fee. Photos if ya send me a camera and you can buy it when they plant me. Aside from the 'Service Order' you have what I have and if I find it you'll be the first to know. OK?
    Name:  thank_you.gif
Views: 45
Size:  12.4 KBName:  yeah.gif
Views: 47
Size:  4.5 KBName:  wavey.gif
Views: 40
Size:  3.2 KB

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links