• 1 Post By Welshman
  • 1 Post By olfarhors
  • 1 Post By DWARREN123

Thread: PT140 G2 Ejector Catching Slide

Member #
    Liked
    19 times

PT140 G2 Ejector Catching Slide

Hello & a very good afternoon to you all from a Welshman residing in South Africa

Hope you can help me with this ...

I have noticed that my Taurus PT140 G2 has developed a problem where the ejector seems to be catching on the inside of the slide.
    At least i think its the ejector. (See attached photo)

I picked up this firearm 5 months ago & it has operated flawlessly with 350 rounds so far.
    This deep mark was only noticed when I stripped the gun for cleaning, after firing 50 rounds at the range last Saturday.

Over here in South Africa, we are unable to send anything back to Taurus & so have to try & make a plan ourselves to fix any problems.
    I showed the problem to a gunsmith where i purchased the gun, but he didn't seem to think it was anything to worry about & should just see if it gets any worse.

Rather than wait to see if it gets worse, can anyone confirm what the problem might be & best course of action to prevent any further damage.
    I'd also like to try & remove that scratch if you advise best method ?

Name:  Slide PT140 G2.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  2.02 MB
    slong115 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4484 times
    Sorry, I'm not a gun guy, so no real help here. However, it looks like normal slide wear to me. If it is the extractor, I would expect some corresponding wear on the extractor. Maybe a few more pictures would help those who come along with real knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    28625 times
    ahh---umm----ahh- the OP said EJECTOR--not Extractor--anywho I would follow the gunsmiths advice or take a close look at the ejector and see if any wear on the top section of it, if so and it really bothers you take a file and gently remove a small portion of the top of the Ejector.
    I do not own nor am i that familiar with a PT140 by the way but would think this should apply.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Many thanks gents, I will take a closer look at the ejector this weekend as you have suggested.

Member #
    Liked
    532 times
    Has it came loose and moved up?
    If not it may need to be stoned down to where it does not contact the slide.
    What does the top of the ejector look like?
    Maybe a e-mail to Taurus to see what they say to do since you can not send back.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Hello to you all again from a sunny South Africa

I've had a closer look at the ejector, and provided some better photos of the problem below.
    Ejector feels sharp on top, with what looks like some wear. (you be the judge)
    Scratch is exactly in line where the travel of slide aligns with ejector, and less notable on section of slide that moves past ejector on disassembly.
    Ejector is secure & i don't see how it could have moved ?
    What do you think ? stone down the top of ejector a bit ?
    If that works, any ideas of getting that scratch out.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  128.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    532 times
    As long as it has not moved up and is tight I would stone the ejector and not worry about the slide.
    Go slow and easy and test often.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Shut up and reload!

Sponsored Links