Will Taurus fix this?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Will Taurus fix this?

Member #
    Liked
    1906 times

Will Taurus fix this?

OK it's not really broke but it certainly isn't what I want. I have a PT111 G2 with that stupid slide key lock. Can and will Taurus remove and plug that problem just waiting to happen? Make it a G2C?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    777Driver likes this.
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

Member #
    Liked
    3435 times
    Why do you call it a problem waiting to happen?

PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Member #
    Liked
    1906 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    Why do you call it a problem waiting to happen?

Heard several stories of keyed mechanism locking up slide. Don't know if it was user issue (probably was) or mechanical failure. But there is one law of physics I know, If it's mechanical it can fail. This "safety device" is just an additional failure point in my view.
    And any gun that needs a key, I don't really want. If Taurus isn't removing them, I will.

Last edited by gyro_cfi; 06-24-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    604 times
    It's doubtful that Taurus will remove the lock, you'll likely just have to do it yourself.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    i have one also . there is no way taurus or any other gun manufacturer would remove something they perceive as a safety improvement and will disavow you for doing so .
    ruger for instance will not sell you a hammer or sear as a replacement part because they are afraid of liability lawsuits ---------------------
    olfarhors and Fatboy46 like this.
    ​never trust a lawyer or a automatic pistol------john Dillinger

Member #
    Liked
    3435 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gyro_cfi View Post
    Heard several stories of keyed mechanism locking up slide. Don't know if it was user issue (probably was) or mechanical failure. But there is one law of physics I know, If it's mechanical it can fail. This "safety device" is just an additional failure point in my view.
    And any gun that needs a key, I don't really want. If Taurus isn't removing them, I will.

Mine has been problem free since 2013. I agree that Taurus won't pull it out for you.

PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Member #
    Liked
    1906 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    Mine has been problem free since 2013. I agree that Taurus won't pull it out for you.

Good. I don't want it. Apparently Taurus didn't either since it was removed on the G2C.

Member #
    Liked
    5170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gyro_cfi View Post
    Good. I don't want it. Apparently Taurus didn't either since it was removed on the G2C.

I bet Taurus did a cost analysis between manufacturing costs and liability costs on the G2C and decided to reduce the manufacturing cost by not installing a slide lock.

Taurus already paid the cost to install a slide lock on the G2. You are asking Taurus to pay the cost to remove the G2 slide lock and assume the liability for it not being there just because you believe in a few rumors. Not going to happen.

Member #
    Liked
    34945 times
    So you want Taurus to "fix" a feature that was part of their marketing for years and was in plain sight when you decided to buy their product?

...once again, I'm glad I don't earn a living selling commercial products to consumers.
    DeltaBravoKS and Paladin3 like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    The question that needs to be asked...Why did you buy it in the first place?
    BangBang and Dad1911 like this.
    I,too, love my country and my guns, yet despise Donald J. Trump.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links