• 2 Post By loudviking
  • 1 Post By Doctordeere
  • 2 Post By 777Driver

Thread: New stainless 605 headed for warranty repair

Member #
    Liked
    500 times

New stainless 605 headed for warranty repair

My brother liked my matte black 605 enough that he bought one in matte stainless from Bud's. Arrived today. He fired 5 .38 and 5 357 rounds through the thing and now the cylinder spins freely, will not lock up. Had to deal with Taurus cust service since once you accept a shipment from Bud's at your local FFL they consider it used and so no returns to them allowed.

Taurus did provide him with the pre-paid return label, but as you might guess, he is one unhappy camper at this point. After impatiently waiting for it come in it now is going away for like 12 weeks? Oh joy.
    Several firearms in 10 different calibers. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

2. 06-06-2020, 01:15 AM

Banned

Reason
    Duplicate bashing...

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I just bought a ss 605 yesterday. I’ve only ran about 30 rounds of 38 and a couple 357. So far so good. The reviews were great. Hopefully I won’t encounter this

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7798 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
    My brother liked my matte black 605 enough that he bought one in matte stainless from Bud's. Arrived today. He fired 5 .38 and 5 357 rounds through the thing and now the cylinder spins freely, will not lock up. Had to deal with Taurus cust service since once you accept a shipment from Bud's at your local FFL they consider it used and so no returns to them allowed.

Taurus did provide him with the pre-paid return label, but as you might guess, he is one unhappy camper at this point. After impatiently waiting for it come in it now is going away for like 12 weeks? Oh joy.
    Can bet it just needs cleaned.
    357Funtime and Qwiks draw like this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyP View Post

Taurus did provide him with the pre-paid return label, but as you might guess, he is one unhappy camper at this point. After impatiently waiting for it come in it now is going away for like 12 weeks? Oh joy
    The same exact thing happened to me late in May. Same exact scenario, same exact problem with my 605 stainless. Cylinder would not lock up, spun freely when hammer was cocked, hammer could fall with cylinder in any old position. I found out while trying my gun with snap caps. If I had taken it to the range I could have blown my hand off! If that hammer fell with the cylinder mis-aligned with the bore so the firing pin hit just on the inside edge of a primer, the gun could have literally blown up like a hand grenade with things mis-aligned that much. Your brother was LUCKY!

Member #
    Liked
    2738 times
    Good Lord.
    Somebody please knock the needle out of that groove...
    GhostHorse likes this.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid."

Member #
    Liked
    1532 times
    I've often said that Taurus has a problem with their Quality Control department.
    Too many lemons slip through the process, and get sold to customers.
    Not a lot, I estimate about 5%, but that's still too many.
    Sorry that your brother was among that 5%.
    Desperado and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    500 times
    While he is of course disappointed, we both have NO doubts that Taurus WILL make things right. It quite likely is just a burr, crud or a broken plunger. He chose not to mess with it all and just send it in, which is fine too. Better safe than injured and he has a few other carry handguns to tide him over the delay.
    Several firearms in 10 different calibers. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Sponsored Links