• 2 Post By 777Driver
  • 1 Post By garyh
  • 1 Post By crashff00

Thread: Taurus not responding to repair request

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Taurus not responding to repair request

Let me start by saying that I have owned 5 G2c's, a G3 and a Judge. I was a Taurus fan and had in the PAST recommended them to many new-ish shooters. Never had a problem.

Till now.

I gave the wife a purple G2c. She also owns a Kimber Micro9 LG, Ruger GP100 and a Sig P238.

Her G2c has significant chipping on the leading edge on the feed ramp. This will only get worse and may make the gun inoperable in the future.

I have reached out to taurus on their site and tried to call them. No answer on the phone, even after 2 hrs on hold. My emails get recognized with confirmations from taurus, but those are just the automated ones. No one from taurus has reached out to me.

It seems that taurus reputation of extremely poor customer service is well deserved. And to put things in perspective, I have had need from Kimber and Dan Wesson's CS that was fast and painless.

There are good examples of service after the sale out there.

Reaching out to the collective ... am I going about this the right way?
    Did I "go to the well" 1 too many times and get bit by the law of averages and finally get a bad taurus?
    Any recomendations?

Member #
    Liked
    25871 times
    My guess is that they are working with minimal staffing due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    12160 times
    Taurus has been running hot and cold the last several months during their relocation from Florida to Georgia. Some folks wait 10-15 minutes on hold, some much longer. Forget email, Taurus hasn't been responsive to that method either. Add in Corona virus and they have a short staffed CS. The chat function may be your best option, but only 8-5 est. I think you access it via the support page. Or try calling them 9-11 am during week. Good luck and sorry you are having to deal with them.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2475 times
    Modern times and technology has us conditioned to instant gratification. Recent events have foiled that somewhat.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid."

Member #
    Liked
    28095 times
    and now you can understand why/how you get so many varied responses to Taurus and their product!
    if you have never had a bad one and had to deal with customer service, parts availability, quality control issue you have a very different opinion than those that have needed to.
    hope you get the problem worked out soon.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1430 times
    I wouldn't expect prompt service from anybody during this Kung Flu pandemic.
    loudviking and Czechbikr like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6966 times
    I agree, the service from any company is greatly hampered with the pandemic.
    loudviking likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I would say it's par for the course for them. The only difference is the number of people physically in their building.

I love my taurus pistol. I hate their CS seems to stop the day the firearm leaves their factory and the people you contact via email, phone, or chat cant tell their *** from a hole in the ground.
    Desperado likes this.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7763 times
    Yeah,I agree, how dare they diminish their work force during a cough and cold issue, the nerve................
    Just so all of you know, EVERY gun manufacturer is not performing real great at this time, have a S&W at the LGS that
    took a lot of time to get back home, and also took some time to just get the process started................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Sponsored Links