Taurus G2C and feed issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Taurus G2C and feed issues

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Taurus G2C and feed issues

OK so if you missed my intro I and my family are new to Taurus as owners. I'm a recovering wanna be Gucci gun guy who had embraced I was wrong and misguided because of a bad past. Anyway we own a G2C. Had it about 3 months now. But a heavy round count maybe 500. Lately we've noticed a feed issue. It's not jammed or anything but racking the first round it's not as smooth and would have been a jam sometimes. It's clean and lubed up and I personally can't see anything visually that tells me much. Ammo is Aquila for hp and mag tech 115 gr fmj for range days. Other 9mm we have run it fine. Anything anyone can point me towards. Can't find a lot with Google personally. Also the mag seems a bit more loose these days not crazy sloppy and its my wife's purse or carry gun and she just recently brought up that after the feed issue just before. Thanks in advance and hopefully I'm just over looking or thinking it.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    315 times
    Need a better description and pictures would help.
    Someone will probably be along to help shorty.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Pls ask away what exactly more can I help provide. Standard mags from manufacturers. No upgrades yet. I can attempt a video...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    So I'm a moron who can't figure out a video comment. I have added a screen shot from it. This is a full mag and this was the second round through the action. It didn't jam completely but about 3rds in a row it had a hiccup where it caught something. This is inconsistent currently. I'll try the mag issue another way
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Feed issues

Welcome to the forum. I have noticed that Aguila and Magtech ammo is a little shorter and the Aguila 115 g fmj bullets are more blunt in shape compared to Winchester or Geco etc. Most guns after breakin will still shoot it ok.
    I wonder if polishing the feed ramp and sanding any rough edges from the feed lips on your new mags might help.
    Again stand up your bullets side by side with ones that work and you may see a slight difference.

Member #
    Liked
    2844 times
    Sometimes its just as simple as ammo choice. May not be anything wrong with Aquila or magtec....but your specific gun may not like it. I have never fired either- so I can not speak to quality.
    I have that problem with Fiocchi- my 9mm pistols eat it up, but not one of my 380's (Beretta, Bersa, Kahr) will cycle Fiocchi consistently. I will have misfeeds and fail to ejects with nearly every mag.
    Now it could be a problem with your gun or magazines. Do you have the issue with all your mags or just one or two? might pay attention to that?

You mention that other 9mm runs fine. If that is so- then that May be your answer. Don't run Aquila Magtec.

Ammo that I have had lots of issues with- Winchester, Fiocchi, Freedom Ammunition.

Edit to add: Does this jam occur only when you rack the slide- or does it occur when the gun is firing?
    Pull the slide back and lock it- insert mag, then release slide with slide lock.....don't release with your hand. If that works without a jam- then: that particular gun with that particular ammo just do not match well enough to load by hand racking.
    Things may loosen up after a few more rounds, maybe not.

I have some handguns that I can consistently hand rack a mag through- others I can not.
    Last edited by brojohn; 03-25-2020 at 08:53 AM.
    777Driver likes this.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Thank you for both your answers just wasn't thinking ammo because never had issues with other guns. I do need to polish and sand. If neither answer it I'll let you know. Again thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1424 times
    First off: Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!

Second: I think your issues with your feed on the first round is your method.
    Put in your loaded magazine, pull the slide all the way back, and then let it go like you were shooting a slingshot.
    Don't ease the slide forward; manhandle it.
    Yank it back, and let it fly!
    Don't worry, the gun is made for this. Anything less and the round may not seat properly.
    olfarhors, loudviking and william like this.

Member #
    Liked
    28087 times
    500 rounds in 3 months??
    man get out to the range and run some ammo through that puppy and do like 777 says--do NOT baby a semi Auto!
    if you drop the slide then drop the slide, if you seat a magazine then seat the magazine!
    be sure the weapon is clean and well lubricated and practice what 777 said.
    loudviking, 777Driver and william like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    315 times
    Yes, 500 rounds is not that much for some of us.
    My first G3 I put over 3,000 rounds thru it in 3 months.
    Shut up and reload!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links