HORRIBLE experience with customer service - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: HORRIBLE experience with customer service

Member #
    Liked
    5044 times
    There is a new CEO at Taurus and he went on the Taurus Facebook page to acknowledge the failure of Taurus CS, parts supply, and repair departments. He also announced that his goal is to improve these areas. Only time will tell but I am wishing him success!

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I sent my TX22 to them on 3/27/20 with no return date in sight. I'm writing this while being on hold with them for over 45 minutes. Taurus is apparently competing for
    the worst customer service award there is. I don't understand a company who strives for and values high quality firearms yet maintains the worst customer service possible !
    Last edited by Smokewagon; 05-14-2020 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Language. See guideline and rule #2.

Member #
    Liked
    28079 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffinMI View Post
    UPDATE! Yesterday, 5/4, I received 2 front sight screws from Taurus! When I opened the padded envelope and pulled out the invoice, it said REAR sight screws. But when I pulled out the little baggie, it was obvious they were front sight screws. It only took 7 months to get them, so a bit longer than the 7-10 days I was told, but I had given up all hope of getting it at all.
    GEEZZ!!
    well heck they only had a 50-50 shot at getting it right!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    About the only way to get any positive response out of Taurus is to send them a written letter of complaint via certified mail. This is because they know that receipt of a certified letter can be used against them in court if ever required.
    Desperado and 777Driver like this.

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    When my gun had problems, I got absolutely nowhere with Customer Service. Five emails with absolutely no response except to the first one that only said "Your message has been received, we will be in touch shortly". Shortly is not 10 days, the time I have waited so far with zero response. When I tried to call the CS numbers (three times) I was on hold listening to elevator music for a good half hour then the calls would just terminate. I could not open a work request on their website because it would not recognize the serial number of my gun. I got on a live chat with someone named Veronica. She opened a work request and sent me a pre-paid shipping label along with a hard-copy transcript of every word that was spoken in that chat so I at least have that for reference if needed. Veronica told me to expect it to be 12 weeks to get my gun back.
    Last edited by jimku; 05-22-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimku View Post
    When my gun had problems, I got absolutely nowhere with Customer Service. Five emails with absolutely no response except to the first one that only said "Your message has been received, we will be in touch shortly". Shortly is not 10 days, the time I have waited so far with zero response. When I tried to call the CS numbers (three times) I was on hold listening to elevator music for a good half hour then the calls would just terminate. I could not open a work request on their website because it would not recognize the serial number of my gun. I got on a live chat with someone named Veronica. She opened a work request and sent me a pre-paid shipping label along with a hard-copy transcript of every word that was spoken in that chat so I at least have that for reference if needed. Veronica told me to expect it to be 12 weeks to get my gun back.
    She told me that I'd get my gun back in 12 weeks as well. That was 13 weeks ago. I hope that your luck is better than mine.

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andyknaster View Post
    She told me that I'd get my gun back in 12 weeks as well. That was 13 weeks ago. I hope that your luck is better than mine.
    My main concern is will they actually fix my gun properly the first time?

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    I can't answer that because the only gun I sent for repair prior to this was a recalled Rossi revolver that they replaced with a dissimilar gun and never paid me back for shipping.

Member #
    Liked
    28079 times
    Hopefully so!
    Let me see I had to send my PT1911 B back twice for the same repair, and my TCP 738 went back twice as well, kind of sort of the same issue except the second time they replaced the barrel although the first time they didn't seem to see a reason to do that?
    anyway, that was the pits but honestly the repair times weren't nearly as bad then as now or so it seems.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    8203 times
    I'll give you a definite, unquestionable maybe on that. My own experience with Taurus CS has been that they try to do what they can, but in the end my Taurus 85 was barely better than when it went in. The other 85 is now in the same boat, and both are now guarding the back of the gun safe, having been replaced by two Ruger LC9S pistols, and a S&W 10-6 project here recently.

I'll also give you the caveat of Your Mileage May Vary, things may have changed from the move to Georgia from Miami, and other things.
    I'll also wish you the best of luck also.
    Electing Joe Biden as President will be similar to going bear hunting at night with just a pair of chop sticks and a lit candle. You know it is a bad idea from the outset, you can not defend yourself, you are ill prepared for what can and maybe will happen, and you question why you even thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links