Product Registration/Customer Service Contact
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigC

Thread: Product Registration/Customer Service Contact

  1. #1
    Member
    Member #
    8592
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Providence, RI
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    4 times

    Product Registration/Customer Service Contact

    Recently purchased a Model 66 (matte stainless, 4" barrel). The serial number verification on their website did not recognize the number shown on the gun and on their box label. After calling their customer service phone number, was put on hold and could not connect with a real human. This has gone on for a week. Has anyone here had any similar problems recently?
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Member #
    38252
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North central Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,220
    Liked
    2299 times
    I picked up a PT140 G2 a couple of years ago from Academy.

    The box says it's a PT111 G2
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

    Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    73271
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,725
    Liked
    3233 times
    I've never been on hold with C.S. for more than a few minutes. However, I suggest using the online chat feature on the taurususa web site. That usually gets connected within a minute for me (within normal business hours).

    As far as I know, Taurus does not have any kind of product registration. I've found that most newer guns (within a couple of years) don't turn up on the serial number lookup on their web site. I'm guessing it takes the production numbers a long time to come up from Brazil on boat. They must not have Internet access down there, or their modem is still running at 300 Baud.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Member #
    78445
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    Is Taurus/Heritage out of business?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amend2 View Post
    Recently purchased a Model 66 (matte stainless, 4" barrel). The serial number verification on their website did not recognize the number shown on the gun and on their box label. After calling their customer service phone number, was put on hold and could not connect with a real human. This has gone on for a week. Has anyone here had any similar problems recently?
    Hey there, yeah. I've been trying to purchase accessories for my Heritage 22 for a week too. Their website wouldn't let me buy anything, so I emailed them through their website. Never heard back, so I called 229-515-8099. Never got a human, and was on hold for 5+ minutes multiple times.

    I found this forum because that phone number is for Heritage and Taurus both. I tried the customer service number on the Taurus site, 800-327-3776, and it brings you to the same auto-attendant as the other one. No one is answering that line either. I think they're both out of business.

    (800) 327-3776

  6. #5
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    5628
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,724
    Liked
    41981 times
    Moved this thread to it's proper venue. The company has peak hours like most customer service departments. Maybe try calling on off peak time?
    “…democratic socialism, the great utopia of the last few generations, is not only unachievable but that to strive for it produces something utterly different – the very destruction of freedom itself. As has been aptly said: ‘What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.'” F.A. Hayek

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Member #
    78461
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Robert Reichelderfer
    Feb 21, 3:57 PM EST
    I tried to get info on my to pistols BUT Serial Number Lookup said no such numbers.
    TMT50??? & 1PT061??? I spent over 1 hour on hold and trying to talk to customer service. I then used the phone number on my inst manual and when I pressed 1 for customer service it ended the call. I then try talking to the operator. But Her mailbox was full. Right now I'm not feeling good about owning 2 Taurus pistols. I have owned firearms for over 40 years and never have a problem like this trying to get a hole of customer service.
    I have a G2C with no problems with 700 rounds thru it.
    All so a TX22 with chatter in the barrel. With 128 rounds thru it. When looking at the TX22s in the store I looked at the barrels, but all of then were dirty.
    This is my 1 post, but from what I have been reading it sounds like no body gets a new barrel. Your just stuck with the one you have.
    Is there a phone number to reach customer service? I tried 1 800 327 3776 4 days in a row 1 day on hold 20 min, 2 day 15 min, 3 day 20 min, 4 day 1 hour.
    No one ever answer :[ So I called 1 306 624 1115 pressed 1 for customer service and my call was ended, them tried the operator her mail box was full :[
    Below is the email I sent Taurus. They email me back and said they will review my case.




    I tried to get info on my to pistols BUT Serial Number Lookup said no such numbers.
    TMT50--- & 1PT061--- I spent over 1 hour on hold and trying to talk to customer service. I then used the phone number on my inst manual and when I pressed 1 for customer service it ended the call. I then try talking to the operator. But Her mailbox was full. Right now I'm not feeling good about owning 2 Taurus pistols. I have owned firearms for over 40 years and never have a problem like this trying to get a hole of customer service.
    Last edited by RobAlton; Today at 08:31 AM.

  8. #7
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    5628
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,724
    Liked
    41981 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobAlton View Post
    Robert Reichelderfer
    Feb 21, 3:57 PM EST
    I tried to get info on my to pistols BUT Serial Number Lookup said no such numbers.
    TMT50??? & 1PT061??? I spent over 1 hour on hold and trying to talk to customer service. I then used the phone number on my inst manual and when I pressed 1 for customer service it ended the call. I then try talking to the operator. But Her mailbox was full. Right now I'm not feeling good about owning 2 Taurus pistols. I have owned firearms for over 40 years and never have a problem like this trying to get a hole of customer service.
    I have a G2C with no problems with 700 rounds thru it.
    All so a TX22 with chatter in the barrel. With 128 rounds thru it. When looking at the TX22s in the store I looked at the barrels, but all of then were dirty.
    This is my 1 post, but from what I have been reading it sounds like no body gets a new barrel. Your just stuck with the one you have.
    Is there a phone number to reach customer service? I tried 1 800 327 3776 4 days in a row 1 day on hold 20 min, 2 day 15 min, 3 day 20 min, 4 day 1 hour.
    No one ever answer :[ So I called 1 306 624 1115 pressed 1 for customer service and my call was ended, them tried the operator her mail box was full :[
    Below is the email I sent Taurus. They email me back and said they will review my case.




    I tried to get info on my to pistols BUT Serial Number Lookup said no such numbers.
    TMT50--- & 1PT061--- I spent over 1 hour on hold and trying to talk to customer service. I then used the phone number on my inst manual and when I pressed 1 for customer service it ended the call. I then try talking to the operator. But Her mailbox was full. Right now I'm not feeling good about owning 2 Taurus pistols. I have owned firearms for over 40 years and never have a problem like this trying to get a hole of customer service.

    Hi Rob and welcome to the forum. There is a member here who had a new TX22 barrel sent to him after waiting a long time for backordered parts. I used to use the chat feature which was handy and never took more than 10 minutes start to finish to get some kind of answer. I hear that's been discontinued.

    Try calling at off peak times/

    Here's a thread on TX22 barrels:

    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/p...2-barrels.html

    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/p...2-barrels.html

    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/t...rel-issue.html
    “…democratic socialism, the great utopia of the last few generations, is not only unachievable but that to strive for it produces something utterly different – the very destruction of freedom itself. As has been aptly said: ‘What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.'” F.A. Hayek

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Member #
    78461
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank You
    Czechbikr. Thank You for the warm welcome. I work M to F and get home at 3 pm that is the only time I can call. They are closed on weekends. I will read all the post You posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Hi Rob and welcome to the forum. There is a member here who had a new TX22 barrel sent to him after waiting a long time for backordered parts. I used to use the chat feature which was handy and never took more than 10 minutes start to finish to get some kind of answer. I hear that's been discontinued.

    Try calling at off peak times/

    Here's a thread on TX22 barrels:

    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/p...2-barrels.html

    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/p...2-barrels.html

    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/t...rel-issue.html

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •