TX22 slide trouble? Jam problems? See this...
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Rick O'Shea
  • 1 Post By Rick O'Shea
  • 1 Post By wbw

Thread: TX22 slide trouble? Jam problems? See this...

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

TX22 slide trouble? Jam problems? See this...

Problem with my TX22 barrel, if it's not locking down correctly it can cause you all sorts of problems, jamming, misfeeds, etc...the barrel SHOULD lock down into the tabs during slide assembly but mine needs to be forced back...

Last edited by Rick O'Shea; 10-08-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    bobbojama, funflyer and 777Driver like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11178 times
    I have about 800 rounds through mine, and I seem to remember early on, I had the tabs not locking up issue. But it is ok now..hmmm. Just wondering. Oh I see now it seems you have shot it and had issues. sorry..Maybe a little filing might help, or send it back to Momma Taurus and let them fix it. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by silverstring; 10-08-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Haven't pulled the trigger yet, glad I noticed this problem before I shot it with a loose barrel that wasn't locked down. I don't know if this is enough to send it back, I'll be sure to lock it down good and then see if a few hundred rounds at the range will make it fit better....I just wonder if others have tried to shoot theirs with an unlocked barrel, maybe that's the cause of any jamming they may have experienced.
    silverstring likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

wbw
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I used to have trouble sometimes getting the slide off. Then I reread the directions and followed them exactly. I clear the gun, then I don't hold it the way they describe. I hold it in my right hand as if I was going to shoot it. I then pull down the tab, and THEN PULL THE TRIGGER. The slide just pops up then and off it comes. I used to pull the trigger first like in the video. Try not pulling the trigger until you've cleared it and pulled the tab down. Then pull the trigger. I usually have to hold the tab down with left hand while pulling the trigger. Then the slide pops right off.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wbw View Post
    I used to have trouble sometimes getting the slide off. Then I reread the directions and followed them exactly. I clear the gun, then I don't hold it the way they describe. I hold it in my right hand as if I was going to shoot it. I then pull down the tab, and THEN PULL THE TRIGGER. The slide just pops up then and off it comes. I used to pull the trigger first like in the video. Try not pulling the trigger until you've cleared it and pulled the tab down. Then pull the trigger. I usually have to hold the tab down with left hand while pulling the trigger. Then the slide pops right off.
    Tried it exactly as you said...tab down, then pull the trigger...and still the slide does not move at all. Still have to give it a hit on the backside while holding the tab down, in order to pop it off. This is because the barrel gets squeezed into the tabs really tight, the further back it goes, until it finally locks in. In my video you see me push back on the barrel with my left hand to get it to snap into the tabs and lock down...I'm REALLY using some force, to the point where I get an 'O' impression in the palm of my hand from the barrel crown.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    CHAT with TAURUS (web site) -- I am sure they will take it back.

I find CHAT to work very good with TAURUS. Chat gets it in writing and they send you a copy of the CHAT.

I just had an issue, cosmetic, with a Heritage RR Revolver and they took it back. I did not notice the cosmetic issue until I got it home. CHAT (sent a picture to them while on CHAT, and they sent me a Shipping Label. Be nice if you could send your VIDEO.

EXCEPT, I do think take down requires pulling trigger after you get the tab down (not that is of any help to you). Mine works fine - only had it a few weeks and have only shot 200 or so rounds, but have taken it down several times. So, make a new Video.

I pull slide back with left hand about 1/8 inch or so (kind of a special grip with barrel pointing at left arm, left hand on what is the right side of the gun, palm on what is the right side of the gun, fingers sort of around grip, and thumb on what is the left side of the gun, then - squeeze the slide back a bit)/ Then pull Tab Down.

With TAB Down, it stays down, pull trigger, and sort of lift up and fwd on slide (as I recall up and fwd).

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Yea, I will see about the CHAT feature....

...believe me, I've tried the official disassembly procedure and everything else, six ways to Sunday, never made a difference because the problem is the barrel-to-tab fit. Nothing else affects it, not the trigger, the slide, or how it's disassembled or reassembled.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shea View Post
    Yea, I will see about the CHAT feature....

...believe me, I've tried the official disassembly procedure and everything else, six ways to Sunday, never made a difference because the problem is the barrel-to-tab fit. Nothing else affects it, not the trigger, the slide, or how it's disassembled or reassembled.
    Based on waht you say and have done --- there is a problem with the gun. TAURUS will fix it I BETCHA. CHAT with them - discuss problem.

BETCHA they send a shipping label (FED-X). Then tell you 12 weeks for return.

So far, my Spectrum and Heritage Repairs were more like 6 weeks and 4 weeks.

The SPECTRUM went back twice (first for Fail to Fire, pull trigger couple time half the time to fire a round - that seemed fixed).

Then a couple shoots later, apparently the Lock Back Lever spring broke as it was locking back when shooting (usually once or twice for a MAG) and the lever had no spring tension to hold it down.

Final result was a new spring for the lever, they put in a new Recoil Spring that time also (appears to have a couple extra twists over the old one) and the Striker was reworked or replaced at that time also. I assume as the striker assembly has a different color (was red, now blue). Gun has been flawless since.

Sponsored Links