PT111 G2 Magizine release position
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times

PT111 G2 Magizine release position

I have had my PT111 for a few years now and i am still not used to where the mag release is located. I have big hands and big thumbs and if i place my right thumb in the thumb groove on the pistol then as i am firing i tend to accidentally press the mag release which causes a misfire or jam. So i changed positions of my hands so that my left thumb is under my right thumb so that the thumb groove is horrizontal to my left thumb, this works but it is not very comfortable for me to fire that way.

I wish they would either put some sort of protector around the mag release, make it harder to press, move it higher or even move it below the thumb groove.

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    I shoot with a high grip, so while firing my finger is nowhere near the mag release. I would imagine you could maybe take it out and file it down a bit.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    4949 times
    I have pretty large hands and haven't had a problem with it. No gun is perfect for everyone and you'll just have to experiment with different positions until you find one that works for you. It sounds like that is what you are doing so you'll probably get if figured out.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    I have never been able to use my thumb to drop a mag as my lower hand would block the mag from falling
    So I changed the release button on 2 PT111 G2 to the right side and use my middle finger to drop mags and all drops out . I learned this on a TH9 with mag release on both sides . My SIG is next

Member #
    Liked
    860 times
    I haven't accidentally dropped the mag on my PT111 G2 but my thumb does rest right up against it when I am shooting. Not normally a problem except when I shoot it a lot in one session and then my thumb tends to get a bit sore from the recoil causing the mag release to rub the same spot on my thumb over and over. 50 or so rounds is no big deal but 100 or more and I do notice it.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Moving it to the right side sounds like the answer, i never thought about that solutioin. Thanks, here is a video doing that for a different model taurus but i assume that all taurus pistols use a similar technique.

Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    The plastic piece button goes with the flat side toward the trigger, there is text on the piece that says 9mm you should be able to read it looking down inside the gun, if you want the release to be on the right side then that 9mm text should be upside down. The curved parts of the button go pointing the back of the gun. Also its a booger getting back in, im still working on that part.

OK got it..... you need 5 hands to do it but here is the little trick. If you look closely the smooth side of the buttton, the part you push has no lines on it and is at a 45 degree, it has a slight edge to it that if you try to push it in from the wrong side it wont fit in the hole. So insert the piece line side first (90) degree button side first through the left side of the gun. Then that little flange on that button side will be outside the weapon and the other end will slide in. But you need to do all of the following at the same time.

1. hold the button in place from the outside, keep pressure on it.
    2. push the virtical bar inside to the left with a screwdriver, this will allow the button to move right, remember your trying to line that notch up to the virticle bar so you have to more the virtical bar left to catch the notch.
    3. push toward the front of the gun on the left side button, youll see there is space for it to move forwards to the front of the gun. And then you should hear it snap into place and the button will slide to the right.

Done... !
    Last edited by durangod; 08-03-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Sponsored Links