Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Pray your 692 comes in with the cylinders marked correctly

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2710 times

Pray your 692 comes in with the cylinders marked correctly

I found my new 692 had miss marked cylinders the day I bought it before my range trip. Well I just got off the chat at Taurus, it will be 12 weeks Friday and no new cylinders.

They chose to replace the cylinders and I'm still waiting. I'm wondering if I'm the only person to get one with the cylinders marked wrong. That's how my luck tends to run. I requested someone to talk to that is a bit higher placed.

We'll see what happens, but since it was new, unfired, I'd expect some better CS.

Taurus got paid, Sports South got paid, my LGS got paid, and I've nothing to show for it.

Maloy

Name:  17-JULY-2019.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  119.6 KB
    silverstring and darbo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1131 times
    ...at least your luck is under warranty.
    God wishes, the Devil expects.

Member #
    Liked
    11025 times
    The cylinder is marked with the wrong caliber?? If so what a poor reflection on Taurus QA. Good luck and once you get it back, let us know how it performs.
    olfarhors and darbo like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26425 times
    ribbett--ribbett-ribett--chirp--chirp--chirp!!
    now who was that complains all the time about Quality Control at the bull shop?
    oh yea thats ME!
    Man they just keep out doing themselves!
    12 weeks huh?
    sorry for your experience.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    36615 times
    Sorry, but I'd demand every penny I spent on it, including FFL charges, sales tax, etc, etc, etc and tell them I want it in cash so I can buy something else. And I'd tell them it will be a lot more expensive after I hire a lawyer, so they might want to hurry.

What was the mismark? Caliber?
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Member #
    Liked
    19281 times
    That's quite the QC mistake! On top of that you've had to wait 12 weeks now and receive nothing.

I don't normally respond to Taurus quality issue posts but this situation gives new meaning to unacceptable!
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21565 times
    Unfortunately, this is why people bash the Taurus brand. Honestly, Taurus doesn't care. they sell in volume. If other major manufacturers are selling a million guns a year, Taurus is selling 8-10 million a year so even a few hundred thousand returns doesn't dampen their spirits. There had to be at least 3 different QA checks done during assembly and nobody caught it. What would have happened if they put the wrong barrel (smaller caliber) on it? Due to the problem you experienced, I can no longer say that's outside the realm of possibility.
    olfarhors and darbo like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2710 times

Exclamation Update

I've finally an update, they can't seem to get the parts needed for my 692. That doesn't bode well. The parts have been on order, but after 13 weeks, there still isn't an ETA. I was reminded that the parts are made in Brazil. That was a BS answer.

Well since they have admitted they can't get the parts, they are going to replace it with the identical model.

Maloy
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26425 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maloy View Post
    I've finally an update, they can't seem to get the parts needed for my 692. That doesn't bode well. The parts have been on order, but after 13 weeks, there still isn't an ETA. I was reminded that the parts are made in Brazil. That was a BS answer.

Well since they have admitted they can't get the parts, they are going to replace it with the identical model.

Maloy
    ahh yep!
    I had to wait 9 weeks for them to repair a 1911 because they didn't of all things have an1911 extractor in stock!---Geeezzz!
    I would have just changed it out to another manufacture except taurus decided to make their firing pin (block hole) and firing pin block and spring a different size from standard.
    so I would have had to do firing pin block delete on a new pistol.
    that's exactly what I will do next time though!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    2157 times
    Did you pay by credit card? My company will arbitrate this stuff up to two years after purchase.
    mark7mod0 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links