G2c lci not working out of box
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: G2c lci not working out of box

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

G2c lci not working out of box

Bought a brand new ODG G2C last week. Cleaned and oiled it thoroughly in anticipation of going to the range for testing. Loaded a full magazine and racked a round into chamber. LCI did not pop up as expected. Unloaded, tried 4 more times. No indicator. Question #1: Anyone heard of this before? Question #2: Do you think it will interfere with normal functioning of the pistol? Question #3: Anyone know of an easy fix (besides just ignoring it)? I talked to Taurus and was told it was not an easy fix and I needed to send it in for a 12 week repair. I said I would rather speak to a staff gunsmith who could tell me how to fix it. They finally offered to send me replacement parts and told me not to try to fix myself but take to a gunsmith instead. Sorry for the lengthy post but wanted to include everything up front. Oh yeah. Hi guys. New to the forum. Thanks for any insight you may have.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33064 times
    I don't have a G2C myself, but I doubt the function of the pistol is affected by the loaded chamber indicator. Sending it in should be at no cost. Personally, I'm an impatient sort, so I might take the parts and let a smith do the work. It may not be as difficult as they claim.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2389 times
    Welcome.

I don't know anything about guns, but a gunsmith just joined a few days ago so maybe he can weigh in on the complexity and the effect.

It doesn't make sense to me, in that I assume the shell that is ready to go pushes the indicator out of the way. If it isn't being pushed, where is it? Do you notice carve marks on your shells where the indicator is digging in instead of pushing up? Can you move the indicator yourself (I assume you can remove the slide and see the underside of the indicator where you can push it.

As far as taking it apart, I assume there is a tiny spring in there and that is probably what makes the difficulty (in not losing it and getting it put back in correctly).

Good luck and let us know what you ultimately decide to do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6356 times
    Welcome to the forum from South Texas. Let us know what you find out with the problem.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Thank you all for the insight and welcome. First thing I did was field strip it to see what I could see. The indicator protrudes slightly into the ejection port just above the breach face where the striker comes out. I can manually move it up where it should go and feels like it is spring-loaded. There appears to be a very small pin running from one side of the slide to the other holding it in. To look further would entail disassembling all internals from the slide. I agree that it appears that just the casing of the round would simply push the indicator up when chambered. Think I’ll try another ammo brand out of curiosity but SAAMI specs should keep it from making a difference. I have requested the replacement parts. Hopefully the fix will be so easy even a caveman can do it. I will post again when I have something else to relay.
    Smokewagon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    Welcome.

I don't know anything about guns, but a gunsmith just joined a few days ago so maybe he can weigh in on the complexity and the effect.

H---E---L---L---O!
    I have been a member for quite some time !!
    just no respect I tell ya, just ignore me then!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times
    That indicator is not electronic. It's a simple mechanical device; a round in the chamber pushes the indicator up, like a lever.
    If it's not working, I gotta think there's something wrong with the lever. Is it broken, or is part of the indicator chipped?
    That device is so simple that it should be easy to see what's wrong, although you may need to compare it to another G2C.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33064 times
    Looking at the schematic on line, there's the indicator and a small spring, held in place by an accessible pin. Roll pin probably. Looks like an easy replacement to me.
    Taurus1965 and GhostHorse like this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7396 times
    Late to the party again, just knock the roll pin out using a same size punch, when roll pin is out carefully pull out
    punch and keep your hand over loaded chamber indicator so you don't lose the spring. Put the new one in and put your roll
    pin back in, simple.........................
    Smokewagon likes this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    777Driver-I totally agree with your assessment. That’s why I’m so frustrated. There doesn’t appear to be anything unusual about the indicator. Not broken or loose. I can manually push on the other end and it pops right up. I can field strip it and manually push the indicator up with my finger from underneath in the ejection port. I’m starting to wonder if something is out of tolerance. Something is keeping the chambered round from touching the indicator. Smokewagon, you are right about the roll pin holding it. I actually saw a YouTube video of a guy who put locktite on the pin because it kept slipping out. Where did you find the schematic? Thanks
    777Driver likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links