Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DEADEYE019
  • 1 Post By DEADEYE019

Thread: PT24/7 G2 trigger video

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

PT24/7 G2 trigger video

Hi everyone. I was wondering and hoping that somewhere out there is a video on how to remove the trigger group on a PT24/7 G2 model. I have a very noticeable stacking problem on the DA trigger. I can live with the long travel, but the stacking ( binding) of the trigger is always pulling me off target. Being retired with zero pension there is now way |I can run 500 to 1000 rounds through it hoping it will improve, so I am looking for a way to tear it down (properly) and polish what I can to help it out. Anyone seen one ??? Thanks for your time.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3373 times
    Nothing that I've found. I have the G2C in .45 and always try to keep track of any video that may be of use some day. It looks like you get to create your own video--just make sure you post a link here so we all can enjoy!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Pull pins 4.11 and 4.12 This will let you lift the central support housing out of the front of the frame (bringing the trigger with it), and the sear mechanism housing at the rear of the frame where the trigger bar is connected.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

I feel your pain!

Hey, we're in the same boat, with different Taurus handguns! I have two , (PT-809, in 9 MM and TH-40, in .40m S&W), and they both give my arthritus something to bitch about! Can't seem to get them to hit well, due only to the lousy triggers on both of them. (My .380 Spectrum is also one I can't shoot for extended periods, due to the hard trigger.) I guess at 82 years old, this body doesn't owe me anything, but it would be nice for them to be as easy to shoot as my 3 Taurus revolvers! (They make me look good, they are so accurate--)
    I'd be real interested in hearing if you find any solutions to the hard triggers, wish they were as easy to fix as my 9 Hi Point's triggers, you should see how they routinely kick butt on accuracy, on guns costing 2 and 3 times as much as they did!

Quote Originally Posted by DEADEYE019 View Post
    Hi everyone. I was wondering and hoping that somewhere out there is a video on how to remove the trigger group on a PT24/7 G2 model. I have a very noticeable stacking problem on the DA trigger. I can live with the long travel, but the stacking ( binding) of the trigger is always pulling me off target. Being retired with zero pension there is now way |I can run 500 to 1000 rounds through it hoping it will improve, so I am looking for a way to tear it down (properly) and polish what I can to help it out. Anyone seen one ??? Thanks for your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FRED WAHL View Post
    Hey, we're in the same boat, with different Taurus handguns! I have two , (PT-809, in 9 MM and TH-40, in .40m S&W), and they both give my arthritus something to bitch about! Can't seem to get them to hit well, due only to the lousy triggers on both of them. (My .380 Spectrum is also one I can't shoot for extended periods, due to the hard trigger.) I guess at 82 years old, this body doesn't owe me anything, but it would be nice for them to be as easy to shoot as my 3 Taurus revolvers! (They make me look good, they are so accurate--)
    I'd be real interested in hearing if you find any solutions to the hard triggers, wish they were as easy to fix as my 9 Hi Point's triggers, you should see how they routinely kick butt on accuracy, on guns costing 2 and 3 times as much as they did!
    FINALLY, finally I fixed my gritty trigger. After tearing it apart after watching how everything moves and what contacts what, I found the two contacts points that were the cause 100 %. Where the trigger bar is at the end of its travel just before it gets forced downwards, both metal parts were rougher than hell. With the trigger group out is the only way you could see why. The part that forces the trigger bar down was like mountains instead of a nice smooth surface for the trigger bar to slide against. It is a very small area to work on, so I used the smallest common type screwdriver almost like an eye glass unit and I repeatedly ground down the inside surface till the mountains disappeared. Kept on doing this till it was a smooth as possible to the feel and then lubed and reinstalled. Dam, what a beautiful difference, no more grittiness just a long smooth pull . Hope it helps you as much as it did me !

https://imgur.com/gallery/LJpKBBI
    Last edited by DEADEYE019; 02-04-2020 at 11:28 AM.
    FRED WAHL likes this.

Sponsored Links