G2S Barrel stuck in slide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: G2S Barrel stuck in slide

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

G2S Barrel stuck in slide

My friend bought a G2S yesterday on my recommendation and when she brought it by so I could show her how to field strip and clean it I could not remove the barrel. It would slide back towards the breach but when I tried to lift out it would lock and not move any further. It seems the barrel hole in the hood is too narrow to allow the barrel to rotate up and out of the slide without binding.

I recommended she call CS and send it in but it's a shame to have that kind of issue right out of the box. No rounds fired and I lubed it up pretty liberally to no avail. Anyone ever heard of this?

Member #
    Liked
    18993 times
    Just 2 things. I really hope I'm misunderstanding your description of disassembly. If I am misunderstanding what you wrote then I'll just apologize now. The other thing is to add something to this guys video. Check the chamber before doing the trigger pull part. That's a perfect example of how people shoot themselves while cleaning their gun!
    Please watch the video.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10820 times
    Couple of questions:
    Did you remove the magazine before removing the slide?
    After removing the slide - how hard was it to remove the recoil spring / Guide rod asm?
    From your description you have already removed the slide, recoil spring/guide rod and just can't get the barrel to lift up and out?
    If so - please reassemble and rack the slide several times, then try and disassemble. Also your friend could go by the gun shop where it was purchased and ask the sales person to show her how to disassemble. Oh and please please make sure it is not loaded before working on it or taking to the gun store. Good luck and let us know what happens.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yes, removed the magazine prior to disassembly and the recoil spring/guide rod assembly came out just fine. You're right, the problem arose when I tried to lift out the barrel (in the video referenced above at the 01:13 mark),

I should add that I own two Millennium PT111 G2 handguns as well as other semi-automatics and disassembly has never proven difficult. I have simply never seen this issue - ever.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Yissnakk and 777Driver like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lingstar1 View Post
    Yes, removed the magazine prior to disassembly and the recoil spring/guide rod assembly came out just fine. You're right, the problem arose when I tried to lift out the barrel (in the video referenced above at the 01:13 mark),

I should add that I own two Millennium PT111 G2 handguns as well as other semi-automatics and disassembly has never proven difficult. I have simply never seen this issue - ever.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Ok thanks. Sounds like you know how to do it. Were you ever able to get the slide to move over the barrel, like when racking the slide? IF so and the barrel won't lift out, then something has it locked in place, or is not machined straight. I wonder if there is some shipping grease that hardened to a glue like substance. IF that is the case pour some hoppes in and let it set for an hour or so, then give the barrel a light whack with hammer handle or something similar and see if it breaks free. You are right this is something unusual, I have worked on hundreds of pistols and only had a stuck barrel once. Turned out to be hardened cosmoline holding the barrel to the slide.
    Yissnakk and darbo like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    18993 times
    That is odd! I mean the barrel had to go in there in the first place!
    Yissnakk and rollin thunder like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    That is odd! I mean the barrel had to go in there in the first place!
    That's what I thought! I didn't want to damage the gun by forcing the barrel out. Looks like my friend will just have to return the gun to Taurus.
    Yissnakk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9383 times
    One of my PT92's has this same problem. Removing or reinstalling is a bear. I found that if I place finger on barrel (muzzle end) and lift upward and/or jiggle a bit (slide on it's back, of course) barrel will go in or out. If I don't, it just locks up.
    Last edited by Wino; 04-16-2019 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    silverstring and Yissnakk like this.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7430 times
    If possible, could you take some pics to illustrate? I am pretty sure I understand what you are talking about and Wino ^^^ appears to have encountered this as well. I seem to remember my PT24/7G2C in .45ACP was having a similar issue and I just kinda did what Wino suggested and wiggled the heck out of it until it came out. Seems to have gotten easier after firing.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    9383 times
    In my case the wiggling ONLY worked if using the finger on the barrel muzzle end in conjunction with lifting barrel out or reinserting with other hand. I'll have to get the 92 out, but I recall the barrel had to be lifted with finger as barrel removed or inserted. If I didn't it would hang at bottom end and upper rear of slide muzzle orifice or go cattywampus. LOL
    silverstring likes this.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links