TX 22 and barrel issues - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: TX 22 and barrel issues

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I bought a TX22 the other week. After doing some forum searching I found out about the barrel problems. My barrel looked horrible when I checked it with my borescope. Called customer service and they told me that it's a known problem with a certain barrel manufacturer and they are sending me a new barrel on the mail. Let's see how long it takes and how the replacement looks then I will report back here.
    stupimlico likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27321 times
    just seems odd that a manufacture that buys parts from an outside source would not run quality control checks (and lots of them) on the parts they recieve?
    BUT in MY opinion thats one big down fall on Taurus --their Quality control and inspection.
    I say this in receiving very good product, several fair products and a few crap products from them.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by john_vinblad View Post
    I bought a TX22 the other week. After doing some forum searching I found out about the barrel problems. My barrel looked horrible when I checked it with my borescope. Called customer service and they told me that it's a known problem with a certain barrel manufacturer and they are sending me a new barrel on the mail. Let's see how long it takes and how the replacement looks then I will report back here.
    Welcome John, I believe I know you from mewe. I was the one who mentioned to you about the barrel issue. I hope you stick around, there are a lot of good folks and good info in this forum.

I hope Taurus takes care of you too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I received my replacement barrel a couple days ago. Something on it is out spec. It is too wide to slide into the frame. I have heard from several that the new barrels do fit more snuggly into the frame. Mine is too wide though.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I wonder just how many of these 3rd party barrels were sold with the tx22. How can I know if I got one too? Has Taurus distributed a list of serial numbers affected? This is surprising since the only issue I read about was the front site becoming loose after 500 rounds. A magazine article called the tx22 the hand gun of the year.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Should tx22 owners be cautious and forgo excessive shooting in fear of a major malfunction that could potentially injure the shooter?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Great video. Learned a lot in this forum so far. Wondering now if my tx22 has same issue with barrel. Guess ill have to contact Taurus.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you to this forum that I found out about the TX22 LR's barrel issues after my gun was shipped out to my FFL so I knew to inspect it and what to look for when it came in. Early serial number in 50ks[ATTACH]455689[/ATTACH

My FFL is waiting on shipping label from Palmetto for exchange pistols or swap out for a new barrel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

tbd
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Curious for anyone that got a replacement barrel how long you waited. I purchased my tx22 a few weeks ago and had major accuracy issues after just 20-30 rounds with various ammo types. I called taurus and they said the barrels are on back order but will send me one when they get them. He also mentioned the new ones were tighter and would need a break in period. That was concerning since even though it could not hit the target after a bit the thing was 100% reliable.

Took it to the range twice each cleaning thoroughly before with same results. I do not see much chattering on the rifling as others mentioned, but the crown is really sharp and jagged at the end. Here is a pic after 40 rounds with heavy leading visible.

Here are the last 5 shots, all keyholed, this was from 7 yards, I swear I am not that bad of a shot since the first 10 after cleaning were all in the center within an inch of each other.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Sponsored Links