TX 22 and barrel issues - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: TX 22 and barrel issues

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    I might add:

Sent a Spectrum (bought DEC 2016) back as Failed to Fire (required 2 or more trigger pulls 50% of the time) back. They fixed that.

Sent it back again after about 70 rounds as it started Locking Back when shooting. They fixed that (Lock Back Lever Spring replaced), and also changed the Recoil Spring and apparently the Striker or at least the Striker had a blue instead of a red part.

Spectrum been OK since repairs (maybe 100 rounds or more). Can't afford to shoot a 380 much. GROAN

Then a Heritage 6.5 inch Rough Rider (I traded my 4.75 inch for it) had a Cosmetic Flaw in the cylinder and a Poor Quality finish on the Frame. DANG It - I failed to inspect it adequately before I made the deal. TAURUS taking it back.

SO, far Happy with their Customer Service. See what happens on the Heritage RR 6.5 inch (I shot it before I sent it back - OK).

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Pictures of the Heritage Flaws. The box it came in had a discoloration in area where the Cylinder touched the box (maybe caused it - some chemical or something).
    Name:  02.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  91.4 KB
    Name:  03.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  76.2 KB
    loudviking likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulTaurus View Post
    Pictures of the Heritage Flaws. The box it came in had a discoloration in area where the Cylinder touched the box (maybe caused it - some chemical or something).
    well I certainly congratulate you on your patience and forgiveness!
    much better than mine for sure.
    Personally I am only willing to put up with a certain amount of frustration to save a few bucks.
    but anyway hope you get all these weapons finally right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    well I certainly congratulate you on your patience and forgiveness!
    much better than mine for sure.
    Personally I am only willing to put up with a certain amount of frustration to save a few bucks.
    but anyway hope you get all these weapons finally right.
    Thanks -- Hope get 'em Right also. It's been an interesting journey, and a learning experience.

Went on TAURUS Web Site to CHAT about it (TX22) barrel issue today. She (I think lady on other end) was ready to take gun in or send a new barrel (I think - maybe just take it in).

Fact is, as I told her, I have one ordered but not in hand. And, of course don't know if it will or will not be a problem.

I was CHATing to get some information. She said the new barrels are better. She did not have info on which SNs have the newer barrels. She said if you have issues let us know.

That is about all I wanted to hear at this point.
    Last edited by PaulTaurus; 09-17-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    stupimlico likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Barrel Issue - I looked at it out of box (cleaned it and looked). I am not smart enough to say if marginal, good, better, or best -- but I would guess just good. Anyway, shot OK and looked again when I got home (I guess just normal dirty). Cleaned it and tried to take a picture (NO LUCK on picture with my setup). Guess I will stick with my estimation of "Good" barrel.

09-28-2019 1st Shoot of the new TX22 at friends range.

Tried 3 different AMMOs: Shot the Aquilla 1135 FPS first (think that is when I had the Fail to load or might have been with the AQ 1255 FPS); Then shot the Aquila 1255 FPS; Then the BLAZER 1200 FPS; Then the Remington Thunderbolt 1235 FPS.

I had one fail to feed with bullet lodged partly in barrel and the case at feed ramp. The bullet was knocked out of alignment with the case ( guess when slide closed on things). Other than that worked OK with all three AMMOS, accurate considering my shooting skills (ain't an expert).
    Name:  04.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  100.6 KB
    loudviking likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Try CCI Standard Velocity (1070 fps).

Higher velocity isn't required for the TX, and accelerates wear (IMO).

Applying some oil or light synthetic grease to the frame rails and slide groves smooths the slide's action.

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
    Try CCI Standard Velocity (1070 fps).

Higher velocity isn't required for the TX, and accelerates wear (IMO).

Applying some oil or light synthetic grease to the frame rails and slide groves smooths the slide's action.
    Thanks for comments.

I mostly buy cheaper AMMO, like Thunderbolt (Lately been $14.30, includes TN Tax, for 500 rounds = $0.0286 per round.
    I have shot CCI (710, 1070, 1200) but generally consider it too expensive for my target plinking.
    Except, the Blazer is sort of CCI (Same MFG, Speer I think is name).
    I did clean and lightly oil (Lucas) before shooting.

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulTaurus View Post
    Thanks for comments.

I mostly buy cheaper AMMO, like Thunderbolt (Lately been $14.30, includes TN Tax, for 500 rounds = $0.0286 per round.
    I have shot CCI (710, 1070, 1200) but generally consider it too expensive for my target plinking.
    Except, the Blazer is sort of CCI (Same MFG, Speer I think is name).
    I did clean and lightly oil (Lucas) before shooting.
    I've pretty much stopped buying cheap ammo in favor of higher quality SV .22 ammo for my guns that function with it.

Compared to my other shooting (.308, .30-06, .45), quality .22 ammo is so cheap I don't even sweat it.

Additional velocity past what is required to consistently function the gun just seems like unnecessary added wear to me.

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Mainly went to range to shoot the Heritage (6.5 inch) Revolver that was sent back after cosmetic repairs by TAURUS (Heritage).

However, also shot the TX22 (some 25 yards with hands rested on a table) and then some at 21 + feet (more like a point and shoot with minimal aim). I had one Fail to Feed (seems get one pretty regular, I think total of 4 or 5 since got the gun).

Just for heck of it, upload Heritage targets for comparison to TX 22.
    Name:  DSCN8203.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  147.9 KB

TX22 target At 25 Yards (not too good).
    Name:  DSCN8205.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  110.4 KB

Moved up to 21 feet for Point and shoot (minimal aim). I used same target shot at 25 Yards (marked shots with colors).
    Name:  DSCN8206.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  110.0 KB
    Last edited by PaulTaurus; 10-12-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Huge Slivers of Lead in the TX22

Quote Originally Posted by copterdrvr View Post
    Exactly. And when I rotate the barrel the "high edges" follows the rotation. Yours is actually a bit more pronounced than mine is.

Do you find that you actually push out "slivers" of lead when you clean it after a lot of shooting?

Nice camera work by the way!
    Hi, first time Taurus owner. I bought the TX22 because I was sold on the 16 round capacity and all the solid reviews in U-Tube. I was at the range the other day and after about 300 rounds of the Black Remington Thunderbolts I noticed my rounds keyholing at 7 yards. Accuracy was also crap at that range. When I went home to clean the gun the barrel was so fouled that the grooves were non existent. It took hours getting it cleaned and I broke my barrel cleaners cleaning all the the crap out. I'm going to chalk this experience up as cheap ammo and only use copper jacketed bullets on my next range trip. Anyone experience this with 22lr Remington Thunderbolt "black" ammo?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links