Best settlement option for a new yet junk SS PT145 3rd Gen?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JoeLansing
  • 1 Post By JoeLansing
  • 1 Post By Desperado

Thread: Best settlement option for a new yet junk SS PT145 3rd Gen?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Best settlement option for a new yet junk PT145 SS MPRO 3rd Gen?

This is an ugly story, so bear with me. I bought it in 2012 new for $381. Got an extra mag, and a couple boxes of HP ammo. Took it to the range. The part of the slide that feeds shells into the barrel was soft as chalk. Gouged all up in 3-4 rounds and was a jam-o-matic. Sent back to Taurus. They said they replaced the slide, but they just filed down the gouged up part and sent it back to me with no take down pin. That was 9/2012. And it has sat since then. I can't find a take down pin for it, and I'm 90% sure the slide is still garbage. The settlement web site http://www.tauruscartersettlement.com has been down all day. I did a chat with Taurus. Send the gun to them (they will sell me a shipping label for $50). Then they'll send me back a cheap 9MM and I pay FFL transfer fees. Is that all I have available? I love my PT99 AFS, but this is really a sad situation as far as I can tell.

- Joe
    Last edited by JoeLansing; 04-09-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2204 times
    I believe that is your only option.

Some have apparently talked them out of a G2C .40 and maybe even a 1911. Details are scattered on this board in various forums and topics.

Good luck and let us know what you ultimately decide!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Sorry. I had to delete this.
    Last edited by JoeLansing; 04-09-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1517 times
    They should pick up the tab for shipping and transfer fee. They did for me. Would take whatever they offer you and sell it if you wish.

Member #
    Liked
    2204 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLansing View Post

At this rate I'm tempted to make a YouTube video "What's a $350.00 Taurus .45 good for?". Have a video of me melting it down in a mini forge and casting steel butt plugs or something with the results.. I'd probably make more off YT views, than I'll get from the class action offer. And have more fun!

- Joe
    Sounds good to me!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1517 times
    Try selling parts on ebay. Some folks that decided to keep theirs would buy for spare parts.
    Last edited by Taurus1965; 04-09-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    319 times

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    They should pick up the tab for shipping and transfer fee. They did for me. Would take whatever they offer you and sell it if you wish.
    The key word here is should. I'm still trying to get my transfer fee. I sent everything in and called a week later they said they received my email and were reviewing my request for reimbursement. I asked what has to be reviewed it's all there. They said the settlement says. You CAN apply for a refund, NOT you will get a refund.
    If it's worth putting a hole in then it's worth putting a BIG hole in.

PT111

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLansing View Post
    This is an ugly story, so bear with me. I bought it in 2012 new for $381. Got an extra mag, and a couple boxes of HP ammo. Took it to the range. The part of the slide that feeds shells into the barrel was soft as chalk. Gouged all up in 3-4 rounds and was a jam-o-matic. Sent back to Taurus. They said they replaced the slide, but they just filed down the gouged up part and sent it back to me with no take down pin. That was 9/2012. And it has sat since then. I can't find a take down pin for it, and I'm 90% sure the slide is still garbage. The settlement web site http://www.tauruscartersettlement.com has been down all day. I did a chat with Taurus. Send the gun to them (they will sell me a shipping label for $50). Then they'll send me back a cheap 9MM and I pay FFL transfer fees. Is that all I have available? I love my PT99 AFS, but this is really a sad situation as far as I can tell.

- Joe
    Yes, it is an ugly "story"......................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    7508 times
    1. Sell it for parts on your favorite gun website.
    2. I hate to say it, but find a nearby gun buy back program, and get what you can. It may be the easiest in the long run.
    3. Last resort, try Taurus for a settlement. Good luck with this one.
    Taurus1965 likes this.
    Desperado's Big Bang Theory:
    The theory that a "big bang" from a handgun, along with a perpetrator receiving a gunshot wound, is the best way to end violent personal or property crimes.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links