Gen 1 pt140, Am i too late? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Gen 1 pt140, Am i too late?

Member #
    Liked
    9371 times
    I'd argue with Taurus downgrading caliber. It would be .40 or a lawyer, they can take their pick. I still have three PT24/7 units two .40 and one 9mm - if and when I ever return I will not take a Mil G2 as a replacement - it will be a TH or TS or lawyer time.
    leadcounsel likes this.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Member #
    Liked
    2785 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wino View Post
    I'd argue with Taurus downgrading caliber. It would be .40 or a lawyer, they can take their pick. I still have three PT24/7 units two .40 and one 9mm - if and when I ever return I will not take a Mil G2 as a replacement - it will be a TH or TS or lawyer time.
    Wow, you must have some deep pockets. You'd probably spend fifty times the cost of the gun, just trying to fight that one.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Wow, you must have some deep pockets. You'd probably spend fifty times the cost of the gun, just trying to fight that one.
    Not if you win legal fees... and in my view Taurus appears in breach having promised a fix or comparable replacement.
    Last edited by leadcounsel; 04-04-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    Wino likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    6929 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
    Not if you win legal fees... and in my view Taurus appears in breach having promised a fix or comparable replacement.
    Kinda hard to find a fix for people not having proper gun handling skills, but hey, everybody is suing these days for their own lack of accountability....................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    Kinda hard to find a fix for people not having proper gun handling skills, but hey, everybody is suing these days for their own lack of accountability....................
    Yup, just never shake your loaded recalled Taurus and you're good to go. So, no running, jogging, competitions, etc...

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    6929 times
    Yup, just never shake your loaded recalled Taurus and you're good to go. So, no running, jogging, competitions, etc...

Try doing a little more research and you will find that those pistols were worked on by the cops themselves, IE trigger work.................
    That video has been out for a long time and been proven to be not exactly telling the truth...................
    GhostHorse and Smokewagon like this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    29871 times
    Yes, that video is years old.

Just check your actual facts and you're good to go. So no brand bashing, no rude or abusive language, no disrespect to others...
    loudviking likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30217 times

Do you know how many trolls have posted this here at TA? I've seen this well more than 12 times. Obviously a trigger job gone bad. You'll have to try better than that.
    rodfair and CJS3 like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15776 times
    If there's nothing wrong, why send it in? You can find that pistol, still for sale, online.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/98777240...-NO-CC-FEE.htm
    loudviking likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    i probably just keep it if i cant talk them into something other than another g2c 9mm. that was the first gun i ever bought and ,at the time, i had no idea of what a good trigger felt like. i now know the trigger pull on it and almost all gen1 doa triggers suck.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute
    to the security of his community,
    is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links