PT111 G2 barrel machined by a beaver - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: PT111 G2 barrel machined by a beaver

Member #
    Liked
    526 times
    All that chattering from milling process will lead up faster and be more difficult to clean out barrel.Taurus should be able to fix and exchange that barrel for you.if not let us know.my recent G 2 millienium was used but NIB i looked every way from sunday to find any issue but I got a winner,dont give up on the G 2 or G2C .
    taurustoter likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MARINEDIVISIONTWO View Post
    All that chattering from milling process will lead up faster and be more difficult to clean out barrel.Taurus should be able to fix and exchange that barrel for you.if not let us know.my recent G 2 millienium was used but NIB i looked every way from sunday to find any issue but I got a winner,dont give up on the G 2 or G2C .
    He must have got a "Friday @ 4:25p.m." barrel. Your right though, Turi did it right with the G2C.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    That was a terrible looking barrel (and I just noticed this thread). All I want to add is my Millennium G2 bought in 2015 has been great. Guess over a 1000 rounds, I shoot it a little every month as defense practice draw, rack, point-aim, shoot (I say a little which is like 20 rounds repeating the process 4 or 5 times). Only reason, I don't shoot it more is the $0.20 +/- AMMO Cost.

I do similar practice with a SR22 (22LR at say around $0.03 a round) and target practice (aiming) with mostly 22s.

I do also have a Spectrum 380 that was an issue that was sent back twice. Once for a Fail to Fire the first time I used it, came back and seemed OK (had 2 Fail to Fire out of 68 rounds). Next time out it had a Lock Back When Firing (every 4 to 8 rounds), sent back and apparently as a broken spring on the Lock Back Lever that allowed it to bounce up (randomly) when shooting. Came back with a new Lock Back Lever Spring (I guess) and also a new Recoil Spring (I think a bit stronger one) and they did something to the Striker Ass'y also as it was a different color.

WORKS GREAT NOW, not one problem since. I might add even thought I Like the Gun as fun to shoot and would make a nice Pocket Carry I shoot it a bit less due to AMMO costs (having a 380 vs a 9MM is Dumb, my opinion, due to AMMO costs).

One other thing on the Spectrum is, I had occasional Fail to Feed a round in the chamber (hang up at the bottom edge of the Feed Ramp That was worse when I first got it. I did mention that that problem to TAURUS when all the other issues were going on and they did not attempt to fix that (it was very random and I have seen U-Tubes with that problem mentioned). The problem was very random and infrequent the last time I got it back (new Recoil Spring maybe).

In the end after all other issues were resolved and I had a couple of those Fail to Feed, I told Taurus I did a MOD on the Feed ramp. Mod is: Look at the Feed Ramp from the top, I filed a slight "U" shape at the bottom edge because the rounds were hanging up with the projectile jammed into the flat, sharp edge of the ramp (would even see a gouge in the projectile end and mostly that gauge was below the point of the projectile). One would think the bullet would fed on up the ramp.

Anyway, my fix seems to have resolved that issue as none since. Taurus CHAT person said they would relay that to designer (someone I called the designer). Wonder if they changed the design??

Anyway, all that said - I want to conclude that I am happy with Taurus Customer Service despite the Spectrum issues (and am happy with a fix for a Cosmetic Problem on a Heritage Rough Rider that I bought and did not notice the flaw til I got it home GROAN). They took the gun back and resolved the issues (Cylinder had a bad cosmetic flaw and frame was poorly done). I mean it is a $100 to $114 gun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    27054 times
    Considering that most larger weapon manufactures pay about the same for raw components to build a weapon, cost is nearly the same for that.
    where the money comes in is advertising (all do a lot of this) along with machining tolerances accepted, qualty control and testing of the platform.
    then actual labor cost, many times this is attached with import fees from foreign manufactures and regulations.
    usually when you buy a weapon at a lower cost then you pay in one of thses catorgories.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links