Problem with PT111 Gen 2 recoil spring
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Problem with PT111 Gen 2 recoil spring

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Problem with PT111 Gen 2 recoil spring

Hi all I just wanted to let you know that I got a new pt111 in April 2016 and first time out to the range my recoil springs broke and jammed the gun!
    I called the service department and they said that they were out of stock for the spring but would send me a new one as soon as possible, this was April 2016 three days after I got the gun!
    I called them back after two months and they were still on back order, three months later and still back ordered. I have called every two or three months since I got the gun that I can't use and they are still not available to ship it, and have no recoil springs to ship to me! Not even a used one.
    I really think this is piss poor service to spend good money on a new gun, have it break first box of shells and one year and two months later and it still has not been fixed.
    I'm really glad to hear about all the great times you've had with your pt111's. I have always been a Ruger guy and always stayed away from this brand from bad stories but I was told by a friend that I would have to give this gun a chance because it was the cats meow.
    I can't even get it from wolf springs they don't have them, I can't sell the gun because it doesn't work who wants to buy a that you can't test or repair it?
    So any way I'm a member of a large gun club and for the last five months it is on display there locked in are display case for all to see with a warning to all to look but don't dare touch unless you want to get burned and I must say that I have been approached at least a dozen times by members thanking me for the heads up about this issue and saving them the heart ach.
    Well that sums it up for my rant, I had just spoke with service department again last week and after 14 months the spring is still on backorder makes me wonder how they keep building new ones if they can't supply me with a part to get mine working!
    Doug Hurst

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Really glad that you can get a new 9mm s/w MP shield now for $214.00 with current rebate

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Taurus1965 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1180 times
    Welcome to the forum! If the parts are not in stock, there's not much Taurus could do. Three years ago, it took 3 months to get the new barrel for my 24/7 G2 .45 standard. I suggest you keep calling Taurus CS once a week (not on Mon's) to chek the status of the parts.

4. 06-17-2017, 05:25 PM

5. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1180 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus10 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    Oops, I already did!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1478 times
    Man. Don't tell me there is going to be another bad batch of another part on the G2. Let's see first: trigger safety blade , second : Mag. release now recoil assemblies? Did I forget anything else?

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    https://lakelinellc.com/shop/stainle...-oxide-finish/

Best $30 you can spend on that gun. Put mine in first time I saw a pic of a broken assembly, and looked at mine closely, noticing how crappy it is. This is a great upgrade.
    gtrpickr, pegasus and ginelmore like this.
    Rather die tryin' than just be tryin' not to die....

Member #
    Liked
    25842 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus10 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! If the parts are not in stock, there's not much Taurus could do. Three years ago, it took 3 months to get the new barrel for my 24/7 G2 .45 standard. I suggest you keep calling Taurus CS once a week (not on Mon's) to chek the status of the parts.
    well technically maybe so!
    and I will assume that the OP post is legite and correct.
    But honestly now IF I am a supervisor or higher up in Miami and I check this out and find it to be true then I get a new stock gun, remove the recoil assembly, put in in the customers gun, instruct that it be shipped back to the customer with 2 free mags and MY apology for the time.
    then I have the new gun (with no recoil assembly) placed in the repair section awaiting a new recoil spring and mags.
    sorry but that's how I do business myself.
    course I seldom have problems making decisions.
    Taurus1965 and ginelmore like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

10. 06-20-2017, 09:54 AM

Reason
    Clutter

Member #
    Liked
    3329 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    well technically maybe so!
    and I will assume that the OP post is legite and correct.
    But honestly now IF I am a supervisor or higher up in Miami and I check this out and find it to be true then I get a new stock gun, remove the recoil assembly, put in in the customers gun, instruct that it be shipped back to the customer with 2 free mags and MY apology for the time.
    then I have the new gun (with no recoil assembly) placed in the repair section awaiting a new recoil spring and mags.
    sorry but that's how I do business myself.
    course I seldom have problems making decisions.
    I've been in the customer service business, and, yes, that's what I would have done.

It's well known in the CS business that it's cheaper to keep a customer than to replace one, because a disgruntled customer will block two or three potentials.
    olfarhors likes this.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Member #
    Liked
    21304 times
    I got a feeling that idhurst is just a drive by spammer for the M&P.
    Smokewagon likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1478 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    I got a feeling that idhurst is just a drive by spammer for the M&P.
    Might be so.Regardless still a great deal for M&P shield.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links