Problem with PT111 Gen 2 recoil spring - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Problem with PT111 Gen 2 recoil spring

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    When I first began to purchase taurus semi autoes several years back I made a habit like with all my other brands to purchase a few recoil springs, extractors (in the case of 1911,s) and other springs that naturally wear over time, so I have a few that no longer can be obtained.
    back then you could buy most parts form Taurus.
    if you shoot a semi auto the purchase of extra springs , especially recoil springs is just a good idea.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2857 times
    One of the things i love about Kahr...You can go into website and type in your gun and order any part you need pretty much
    What a novel idea huh?
    ginelmore, Taurus1965 and Alfonse like this.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panfish View Post
    One of the things i love about Kahr...You can go into website and type in your gun and order any part you need pretty much
    What a novel idea huh?

I am pretty sure that I can do this with about any brand weapon that I own except you know who!
    lets see CZ, Colt, ATI, Ruger, Beretta, Browning, Charter, S & W, Dan Wesson(CZ) owned, Savage, Sig, Bushmaster, RIA, EAA, I am sure I am missing a few.
    either the manufacture or an after market company will have the parts .
    Now certainly they have certain parts that are regulated for safety/liability but most are readily available.
    ginelmore and Taurus1965 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6427 times
    Original post sound more like a, I never owned one but I heard about one.
    ginelmore likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2857 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I am pretty sure that I can do this with about any brand weapon that I own except you know who!
    lets see CZ, Colt, ATI, Ruger, Beretta, Browning, Charter, S & W, Dan Wesson(CZ) owned, Savage, Sig, Bushmaster, RIA, EAA, I am sure I am missing a few.
    either the manufacture or an after market company will have the parts .
    Now certainly they have certain parts that are regulated for safety/liability but most are readily available.
    Well now...Mr Nit picker...That is why i said it is one of the things i love about Kahr...Meaning not the only thing...Just one of the things.
    As pertaining to the subject of parts not being available and having to call them.
    Taurus1965 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panfish View Post
    Have we not learned anything...Never give up a spare Taurus part....Cuz when you need it
    it will be on backorder with no expected date.
    I was just happy to help out 2 people that needed a part so
    they can use there guns I don't have to worry about a Taurus recoil spring as I have a Lakeline stain steel recoil spring in both of my guns (end please don't tell me that SS spring are bad for your gun)
    Last edited by ginelmore; 07-19-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    I have few parts for the 24/7 C in 9 MM and 45 acp that I will likely offer up ,IF Taurus ever decides what they are going to do about them?
    and I might add what I finally decide to do with the guns (Keep, send in), but until then no way they are going anywhere as the chances of getting replacements are about 0%.
    Not sure how many recoil spring assemblies that I have, but at least one for each compact weapon.
    Right now all this is in the "Twilight Zone", these are 2 of the Taurus that I have never had a single problem with and I really like the weapons, then Murphy steps in and they have a recall------
    ginelmore likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    175 times
    panfish wrote:
    Have we not learned anything...Never give up a spare Taurus part....Cuz when you need it it will be on backorder with no expected date.
    I would generally agree except with respect to the recoil spring, just buy a Lakeline unit and be done with it.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I just bought the Lakeline SS captive recoil Spring assembly and can't wait to shoot it this weekend. I will keep the plastic OEM Spring as a back-up. I have shot about 500 rounds thru the plastic OEM with absolutely no failures. Did you notice any difference between the SS Spring and the plastic when shooting? Have you noticed any wear or any other effect on your PT 111?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    I find it very hard to believe that there aren't a million springs that will fit any gun out there. It's a spring. A SPRING.

it's only a spring

There are probably spring in the guns you have now that will work.

After all........ IT'S A SPRING. don't over complicate it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links