Taurus CS Sucks!!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Taurus CS Sucks!!

Sent my wife's PT709 in to Customer Service for repair of many FTE's. They received the gun on 11/23/09, and have still not started repair on it. I was told today that is 4 weeks from the time they receive before they even start to repair.
    This gun and my Mil Pro PT140 are so gone(even though I am not having any problems with it). I will not do business with a company that can't do a better job of customer service. We have a Sig Mosquito 22lr that we had a problem with it was sent back and in ours hand in less than 2 weeks. It was fixed, my understanding with Taurus there are no gurantees it will be fixed.
    Dealing with Taurus is so frustrating, it will not happen any more!
    Rant off!!
    Marty

NRA Member

If I have to explain, you won't understand.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Taurus CS Sucks!!

Sent my revolver in on 11/23, they got it on the 24th. If they truely start the repair in 4 weeks, that's sooner than I exspected. It is frustrating that after spending that much money on a firearm and after you get it, you have to send it back, then you have to wait so long to get it returned. But, maybe that's part of the equation that allows them to sell for hundreds of dollars less than smith & wesson.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8371 times

Life time warranty means you stand in line. so if some one sent in there 20 year old gun your behind them. Goes with never having to pay for repairs.

And getting rid of a perfectly good gun because you have trouble with another is ridicules.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11220 times

I recently got back a Judge that I sent back to Taurus. There were a number of things that I found out when I called.

1. Their IT forbids email to and from customers because they fear a hacker connecting serial numbers and customer names. That also explains why my emails to Taurus were never answered as they were filtered out. Sounds strange, and if I were Bob Morrison, I would have a talk with my IT people and get this fixed. Bottomline: No email contact with customers to answer questions or simply to provide feedback to the customer. You must call for information. One of the local Taurus reps told me to talk to either Chris or Robert (I guess they manage the gunsmiths) to get more detailed info about a return.

2. Bob Morrison told me at a Taurus event a month or so ago that they had added another shift of gunsmiths, in order to reduce the backlog of stuff in for repair. The lady (CS Receptionist) that answered when I called said they had recently reduced the backlog from 6 to 4 weeks. Their actual turn around once they start work on a firearm is one or two days. She told me the were scheduled to start work on my pistol on 16 NOV and that I should expect it on 17-18 NOV. The gun shop where I bought it called on 16 NOV and said it was in and ready for pickup. So they are currently running a little ahead of the 4 week backlog.

3. If you have something in repair with Taurus, I would call as soon as it arrives at Taurus and give them a detailed description of the problem to work with. When I called the gun shop had not written down what I told them was wrong correctly and the pistol would probably have been returned unrepaired, if I had not updated CS. If you have any technical questions ask to talk to a gunsmith, remember the receptionist is not a gunsmith.

4. I was well satisfied with the work that Taurus did. But four weeks without an news of what is occurring with the return will severely try the patience of most people and needs to be addressed by Taurus.

5. If anyone is listening, Taurus, you need to get a couple of knowledgeable Taurus people online to answer legitimate customer questions, stop some of the misinformation being spread by Taurus haters, and in general improve your customer service reputation. At the very least, you need to fix the email issue and start communicating with your customers.

JMHO
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by 45 Forever
    Life time warranty means you stand in line. so if some one sent in there 20 year old gun your behind them. Goes with never having to pay for repairs.

And getting rid of a perfectly good gun because you have trouble with another is ridicules.
    I don't like the fact that if I do have problem with it, takes forever for the repair and to get it back. You may find that a acceptable way to do business, but I don't. I am going to get rid of it while I can still get my money out of it, and get something that can be depended on. The whole business with the 709 has put a cloud over Taurus products as far as I am concerned. A product is only as good as the people who build it or service it.
    Now I know I am a N00B here on this site so if I am offending people, Sorry. These are my concerns and feeling. I know my wife does not want to carry the 709 after all of the issues we have had with it, and I am starting to feel the same way about the PT140. Kind of like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not if it will break , but when?
    Marty

NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70

3. If you have something in repair with Taurus, I would call as soon as it arrives at Taurus and give them a detailed description of the problem to work with. When I called the gun shop had not written down what I told them was wrong correctly and the pistol would probably have been returned unrepaired, if I had not updated CS. If you have any technical questions ask to talk to a gunsmith, remember the receptionist is not a gunsmith.

I did the on-line service request just as was outlined on the Taurus website when sending a gun in for repair. I printed 2 copies of it and put one in the box with the gun and kept the other just like Taurus said to do.
    Is that not sufficent??
    Marty

NRA Member

SUPER MODERATOR EMERITUS With Us Always 1953-2012
    Member #
    Body in El Paso - heart and soul in Marshall, Texas
    Liked
    824 times

CS is their Achilles Heel. Your frustrations have been felt and expressed before.

It seems they MIGHT BE starting to see the light.

It's just my opinion, but it seems SERIOUSLY upgrading their customer service is the final step Taurus needs to take to become a top of the line firearms manufacturer.

"Failure is always an option" - Adam Savage (Mythbusters)
    Nikita K. made the prediction. Barry O. is working to make it come true. - BUTT
    "The secret of life is to solve more problems than you create." - BUTT
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Well, I'm just gonna throw this out for you:

Taurus just recently released a couple new models. With that in mind I'm sure the CS/Smithing dept. is currently booked heavily like ANY manufacturer would be that just released a new product.

I would just try to stay calm about things and hopefully once the gun gets back to you, you'll never have to use Taurus CS again.

Good luck.
    If not us, then who? If not now, then when?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by 2GunsWest
    Well, I'm just gonna throw this out for you:

Taurus just recently released a couple new models. With that in mind I'm sure the CS/Smithing dept. is currently booked heavily like ANY manufacturer would be that just released a new product.

I would just try to stay calm about things and hopefully once the gun gets back to you, you'll never have to use Taurus CS again.

Good luck.
    My response to them having released new products is this: Maybe they should not have released them until all the bugs were out of it. Not my problem!! But as far as the 709 goes I should have known better then to to buy a new product when first comes out. I don't do this with cars or motorcycles or electronics, but I actually thought guns were different. Was I wrong??

As far never having to use Taurus CS again, that is true because these 2 guns will be sold or traded off. We will never get another Taurus gun again. This is just like the Harley-Davidson I used to own, it was in the shop twice as much in 3 year and 30K miles than my Goldwing was in 7 years and 80K miles. Needless to stay I have not and will not ever own a Harley again.
    Marty

NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Well, I was just tryin' to offer some solace and maybe help you not be so aggravated. I personally think you're working yourself up a bit too much over something that in the grand scheme of things is a small matter. Get your 709 back and then don't buy Taurus anymore.

Nice and simple. Now try to have a good day man. It's Christmas after all!
    If not us, then who? If not now, then when?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links