Taurus CS Sucks!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: Taurus CS Sucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by martywj
    Anyone see the thread in the Mil Pro sub-forum about the PT145 exploding in the guys hand after only a 100 rounds on a new gun.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/in...?topic=28727.0

Need I say more?

BTW, to whom it may concern because we bought the gun used (only had few hundred rounds through it) we had to pay for our shipping to and from Miami. Also Harley and any other vehicle manufacturer should have to pay for repairs on a new vehicle that leaks oil. They did on mine all three times.
    Maybe you did have to pay shipping to Miami, but not back to you. Taurus ships the gun back on their dime & thats a fact. FWIW, If it dont leak oil, it AINT a real Harley!
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba sawyer
    If it dont leak oil, it AINT a real Harley!
    And that my friend is why I ride a Kawasaki. I want a motorcycle that will turn, stop, and go when I twist the thottle. I also want it to keep its fluids inside itself and not "mark its spot". A Harley cannot seem to do these things very well so I don't ride them.

But we are off subject here this is NOT a motorcycle forum, but a gun forum. I only used the Harley analogy to show a point.
    Marty

NRA Member

If I have to explain, you won't understand.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Quote Originally Posted by 2GunsWest
    That thread on the PT145 asploding is scary business, but, my gut tells me there's more to that story than we know.
    That's my thought, as well. Factory ammo blowing the case head off and leaving the body of the case in the chamber is pretty strange. I'm not sure I have ever seen a case head separation on factory pistol ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    187 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jake3501
    Only if the gun is no older than a year since original registration of the warrantee.
    Ahh, thanks for that info Jake!
    "The internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI."

"The nine millimeter is for killing europeans, for truely dangerous people you need a .45."
    Col. Jeff Cooper

" George Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

"Life is tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Member #
    Liked
    187 times

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk
    That's my thought, as well. Factory ammo blowing the case head off and leaving the body of the case in the chamber is pretty strange. I'm not sure I have ever seen a case head separation on factory pistol ammo.
    I agree, i've only seen that happen with reloads.
    "The internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI."

"The nine millimeter is for killing europeans, for truely dangerous people you need a .45."
    Col. Jeff Cooper

" George Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

"Life is tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster
    I agree, i've only seen that happen with reloads.
    And really hot loads in much-reloaded cases.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

I've seen it occur with factory ammo, once. In '96 a member of our cowboy action shooting club blew up two Ruger Vaquero 45 Colts back to back. When the bullets were pulled he had some that had 3 times the hottest loads listed for Unique powder. If you know anything about the original Vaqueros you know they were some kind o' stout. He was using new unfired Starline brass & Starline is the best you can get.

There is nothing manmade that is perfect & anything man makes can be screwed up.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Quote Originally Posted by sixguncowboy
    I've seen it occur with factory ammo, once. In '96 a member of our cowboy action shooting club blew up two Ruger Vaquero 45 Colts back to back. When the bullets were pulled he had some that had 3 times the hottest loads listed for Unique powder. If you know anything about the original Vaqueros you know they were some kind o' stout. He was using new unfired Starline brass & Starline is the best you can get.

There is nothing manmade that is perfect & anything man makes can be screwed up.
    Sounds like a commercial reloader, and not factory ammo such as Remington and Federal. The way the big boys make ammo it's pretty much impossible for the machinery to double charge a case, much less triple charge one. I've been shooting very heavy charges of Unique in .45 Colt for years and a triple max charge of Unique for a 250gr bullet would be about 27 grains and that would almost overflow the case. It would, at the least, be a very compressed load.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Well, to get this thread back on track.

I called CS today since it has been 4 weeks ago that it was received. The CS person said it will problably be next week or at least thats the story this week. When I call next I am sure it will be some other story.

I am being to feel like if we ever see this gun again we will be lucky. Maybe we will see sometime in February or March of 2010 or maybe 2011 or . . . ??? I guess the best thing to do is just buy my wife another gun and just forget we even have this one.
    Marty

NRA Member

If I have to explain, you won't understand.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk
    Sounds like a commercial reloader, and not factory ammo such as Remington and Federal. The way the big boys make ammo it's pretty much impossible for the machinery to double charge a case, much less triple charge one. I've been shooting very heavy charges of Unique in .45 Colt for years and a triple max charge of Unique for a 250gr bullet would be about 27 grains and that would almost overflow the case. It would, at the least, be a very compressed load.
    It may have been a commercial reloader Major. IIRC they had a recall on a certain lot. In the incident in which the guy blew up the Vaqueros, he reloaded them himself and was extremely careless. They were indeed compressed. It's a miracle nobody was injured or killed.

What is really amazing is Ruger repaired the one & replaced the other free of charge & sent him a note back with his guns telling him to be more careful with his reloading. How's that for standing behind a lifetime warranty?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links